Security Sensitive Position?:
YesHours of Work:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-FPosting Number:
TSU202564Official TSU Title:
PROGRAM MANAGER SOS Grant Title:
N/AJob Description Summary / TWC Summary:
Under general supervision the Summer of Success Program Manager is responsible for program improvement and logistical coordination of the existing conditional admission program. This role provides program support and coordination of an existing conditional admission program, ensures the integration of excellence, engagement, and hospitality into the Summer of Success Experience in accordance with the mission, vision, and values that establishes the Summer of Success program. Under general direction of the Executive Director of Title III Programs and the Summer of Success Coordinator, this individual supports academic intervention programs for SOS students and provides individualized student outreach to SOS students who are identified as at risk. The position provides not only academic support, but also mentoring, emotional and professional advice to SOS students as they juggle work, family, and school responsibilities. This position is also the liaison between the SOS student and other Colleges and schools to help expedite, explain, and mediate issues that may interfere with SOS students’ successful registration into the Fall. Essential Duties Summary:
- Develops innovative structural logistics to improve the retention and graduation success metrics; coordinates the collection, analysis and use of data to improve SOS student persistence.
- Connects SOS students to relevant campus resources; coordinates and provides academic tutoring and support for SOS students on an ongoing basis.
- Monitors and tracks their progress; and maintains communication with offices of enrollment, admission, student financial aid services and the registrar regarding SOS student records and accounts for the duration of their academic experience.
- Coordinates all on-boarding activities for SOS Program, including information sessions and program activities.
- Coordinates SOS course offerings, faculty, and books for the SOS sessions.
- Coordinates faculty trainings.
- Coordinates with departments, committees, and individuals throughout the University to advance and enhance the effectiveness of SOS programs.
- Provides performance data and assessments on the effectiveness of the SOS program and helps to develop program goals that align with the university’s strategic plan.
- Development of student training and informational strategies for students/student workers to address knowledge gaps not addressed through core courses.
- Manages and analyzes SOS student interventions, early alert systems, and suggest innovations to improve student performance.
- Coordinates the overseeing of academic support services, the supervision of staff and student tutors and mentors during the summer sessions.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to create innovative opportunities to foster SOS students’ growth and development.
- Provides SOS students with opportunities to develop the skills and competencies essential for success in their chosen field.
- Creates opportunities for the pursuit of academic excellence among SOS students, including the promotion of fellowship and the retention of SOS students who may have otherwise not completed college due to lack of guidance and academic support.
- Demonstrates professionalism, positive working relationships, quality customer service, and the ability to make decisions and solve problems to help SOS students succeed academically.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$48,273.00 - $60,341.00Education:
Bachelor’s degree or higher.Required Licensing/Certification:
Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Department procedures and practices.
- Understand learning/educational theory and be able to use that knowledge to identify barriers to student learning and success.
- Student learning, engagement, and best practices.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Planning activities.
- Leading projects.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Analyze and interpret data.
- Use job related databases, system query and reports generation.
- Work collaboratively.
- Discrete and maintain confidentiality.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Work independently.
- Communicate effectively.
One (1) to three (3) years related experience. Working/Environmental Conditions:
Prior experience as an academic support/learning specialist is desirable.
UA EEO Statement:
- Stoop, bend, kneel, and lift.
- Sitting or standing in one location
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skill.
- Communicate information verbally and in writing.
- Receive and understand information through verbal and written communication.
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy.
- Travel is a must at 35%.
- Carry objects of light weight.
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Close Date:
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
02/01/2022Open Until Filled (overrides close field) :
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Open to all applicants.