Search #: 496002
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The Office of the Bursar is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Program Support 2. Under the supervision of the Client Services Manager, the Administrative Program Support 2 will be primarily responsible for developing, coordinating, and delivering training and outreach programs for the Client Service Center (CSC) that are designed to communicate new information, updates and/or alerts for the university community. This position serves as the Bursar’s Office main point of contact for marketing and informational/orientation materials and is responsible for organizing and participating in all training activities and outreach events that occur at the Storrs campus and regional campuses as well as for Bursar Office staff.
The incumbent for this position will work closely with other departments to provide telephone, live chat, and email support to customers who contact the Office of the Bursar concerning billing, disbursements, collections, and other student services issues; have responsibility for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of university policies and state regulations governing financial transactions for tuition, fees, and refunds; and utilize computerized systems and applications in the daily performance of job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field and one to three years related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff, administrators, and individual groups including the public.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience presenting to large and/or small groups of individuals.
- Experience dealing with customer clients and providing high-quality customer service.
- Must be willing and able to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Four to five years of related experience
- Knowledge of KFS, PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience developing and maintaining web pages and converting documents into HTML or other programming languages.
- Prior call center experience.
- Previous experience in a university or college setting.
This is a permanent full-time position located at the Storrs campus. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496002 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide a writing sample. More details will be provided at a later date.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 3, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 20 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 03 2022 Eastern Standard Time