***New hires for this position will be eligible for a $750 sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of employment
Cleans and maintains buildings.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.
* Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and kitchens; restocks supplies.
* Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops floors, and spot washes walls. Dusts or vacuums furniture.
* Arranges classroom furniture, cleans chalkboards & whiteboards, restocks chalk, markers and erasers.
* Cleans entrances and elevators. Sweeps outside steps and polices the outside perimeter of the building.
* Collects and removes all trash.
* Arranges furniture in social spaces/lounges.
* Keeps records and makes reports.
* Prepares daily work order log.
* Interacts appropriately with the customer.
* Identifies damage and missing items from assigned areas and reports to such to team leader or supervisor.
* Supports the College’s Recycling program.
* Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team leaders and
* Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with
established departmental practices and procedures.
* Operates and maintains equipment such as auto scrubbers, sweepers and shampooers.
* Washes windows.
* Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using proper procedures.
* Inspects fire extinguishers on a monthly basis.
* Supervises small groups of students as requested.
* Sets up and removes furniture and equipment for special events.
* Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
No formal education required; on-the-job training provided.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products and equipment. Knowledge of basic equipment operation helpful.
Able to follow written and oral instructions. Able to establish and maintain working relations with supervisors, fellow workers, students, faculty and the rest of the College staff. May be required to work independently. Able to follow a schedule. Must be willing to work overtime.
Custodial experience preferred.
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this position.
(Category B screen)
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/25800
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency