Sr. Software Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer
who will work in the Division of Neurovisual and Vestibular Disorders at the Department of Neurology. This role will participate in and/or guide the development and support of the TeleDizzy clinical consultation service, integrate mobile health and telemedicine technology into the optimal delivery of medical care, education, and research design and methods.
With Core objectives:
Development of evidence based mobile health and telemedicine technological tools, designs and methods that will enhance the following:
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Improve patient outcomes via interactive mobile health platforms (Apps, telemedicine, etc)
- Improve ambulatory and longitudinal research design (to include but not limited to tracking biological functions of health and disease) via interactive mobile health platforms (Apps, telemedicine, etc)
- Improve the methods of delivering educational material to the adult health care provider with diverse learning styles via interactive mobile health platforms (Apps, telemedicine, etc)
- Improve the methods for assessing competency-based skills for health care providers at all training levels via interactive mobile health platforms (Apps, telemedicine, etc)
- Improve the paths for delivering patient care to consumers with various needs and expectations via interactive mobile health platforms (Apps, telemedicine, etc)
The Sr. Software Engineer is expected to enable the development of research, educational & clinical innovative software tools and mobile applications; is to work under the supervision of the Division Director, serving as an expert by providing highly specialized informatics/mobile technology guidance regarding innovations and development of novel software tools to enhance research, education and clinical practice of the Faculty and Administration.
This role is expected to continuously study ever-changing relationship between advanced mobile technology and medical science, lead and manage all projects collaborating with faculty, consultants, and JH IT personnel as appropriate. Act as a main liaison with Johns Hopkins Technology Venture as well as Johns Hopkins Business Development Office, to provide support and ensure the adherence of all projects to compliance with JH guidelines.
- 80% of the Time:
- Design and develop data analysis tools for eye movement related research projects including programming and testing new algorithms that interact with eye movement and questionnaire databases.
- Develop and implement interfaces (web or otherwise) to share and display analysis results with collaborators.
- Test and debug such tools and provide reports with the results.
- Gather research on new frameworks and services that could be used for the projects.
- Provide information and advice to Principal Investigators with recommendations for the development systems used to develop algorithms and display analysis results.
Computer or Other Special Needs for the Position:
- 20% of the Time:
- Implement strict software quality controls for Division's software development including administration of database warehouses.
Direct and manage mobile project developments to investigate new models of care, and lent expertise as a principal lead in:
Degree of Independent Action Performed on the Job:
- Developed C/C++ software system for high-speed eye movement recording in an Open GL virtual reality environment used in clinical and research environments and Python/Pandas analytical tools for eye movement recordings on the Microsoft Azure Platform.
- Developed algorithms to process physiological metrics including eye movements.
- Developed data acquisition tools (Matlab+Psychtoolbox) and analysis (Matlab).
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Tasks are highly complex and varied in nature.
- Defines and discerns key aspects of a problem and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context.
- Provides guidance/training.
- Recognized expert internally and externally within a discipline.
- Will have multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Problems are defined as business, technical and integration
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and at least six years of related work experience information technology related experience with experience in managing projects, which includes an in-depth knowledge of enabling and emerging technologies such as mobile applications.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Information Technology or related discipline strongly preferred. Interest is in innovation in Science with the focus on mobile health and telemedicine.
- Have a record of coordinating software/mobile applications development.
- Proven ability to conceptualize how to find solutions, reach consensus, and complete complex tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work within a complex environment to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cost projection and business analysis
- Additional experience may substitute for some education and some additional education may substitute for some experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
Classified Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Starting Salary Range: $81,470 - $111,990 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Neuro Vestibular Neurology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Software-Engineer-MD-21287/836166900/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency