Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
DUKE SPECIALTY INFUSION CENTER seeks to hire a Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together!
Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. Ideal applicants would have excellent computer and phone skills and be able to communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team. We are looking for someone with the ability to establish a strong rapport with patients and families by phone, to coordinate services, and to provide education and nursing care to patients and families in the clinic setting.
Hours: Shifts 7am to 8pm
- Assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Must have an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma. (All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.)
- Must have current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina
- Venipuncture/IV experience preferred
- Infusion Experience preferred
- BCLS certification is required.
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.