This posting will remain open until the positions is filled. Initial screening of applications will occur Jan 10, 2022.
The International Student Recruitment Manager reports directly to the Director of International Student Programs (ISP). The full time exempt position has primary responsibility for research, market analysis and recruitment of international students for Highline College. The Recruitment Manager will develop country specific recruitment strategies with input from other ISP staff on the recruitment team and at the direction and approval of the ISP Director. This position requires significant overseas travel and some evening and weekend work.
This is a full-time, exempt at-will position.
Please be advised beginning October 18, 2021 of the Washington State employees requirement to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Additional details located in the Supplemental Information section.
Reporting directly to the Director of International Student Programs, this position will:
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify target markets for international student recruitment;
- Assist the ISP Director in creating an annual recruitment plan;
- Participate in International recruitment efforts including travel to countries approximately 4-5 months a year for that purpose; participate in virtual recruitment opportunities as outlined in the annual recruitment plan;
- Assist the ISP team with the creation of a social media strategies to attract and engage prospective and existing students;
- Present Highline's program offerings to prospective students, parents, agencies, schools and organizations for the purpose of recruiting students;
- Collect all inquiries/leads for assigned markets and follow up via a variety of communication channels with the goal of student enrollment;
- Identify, recruit and maintain relationships with external stakeholders such as student recruitment agencies, Study USA, high schools and language schools in target markets;
- Assist the ISP team in expanding and strengthening it's alumni strategy and serve as the liaison with Highline's Alumni Office;
- Conduct trainings and updates with identified partners overseas;
- Reconcile trip expenses and submit trip reports;
- In collaboration with other ISP staff, help develop marketing materials to aid in the recruitment process;
- Develop proposed itineraries and budgets for assigned markets;
- Coordinate and host visiting guests to Highline College;
- Develop international student recruitment materials (both paper and electronic) that reflect the depth and range of college programs and educational pathways;
- Assist and contribute to social media activities for marketing purposes;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to effectively present to culturally and ethnically diverse groups of people whose native language may not be English; excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and social media tools;
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, meet deadlines and manage a complex work load;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills;
- Work within a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated experience with use of social media in marketing or program development.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business-related degree, International Relations, or a closely related field; AND
- 2 years working at a higher education institution within a marketing or admissions area
- Master's degree;
- Experience working with a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system;
- Proficient in another language such as: Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian, Thai, Cantonese;
- Working knowledge of SEVIS and F-1 and J-1 visa regulations;
- Community College international recruitment experience.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.Conditions of Employment
Highline College does require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff and faculty –– with waivers for specific exemptions –– for those who physically attend courses, operations, or other in-person activities. This decision was made in accordance with higher education proclamation
20-12.4. A candidate will not be asked to report their vaccination status unless they are hired by the college. If a candidate chosen for hiring is not fully vaccinated from COVID-19 and plans to submit a medical or religious exemption to this employment condition, the hiring process will be suspended until a decision has been made regarding any exemption application which is submitted. A candidate will not be allowed to do any work for Highline College or be onboarded as a new employee during the time period when the exemption is being considered. The request for an exemption does not guarantee approval.
Highline College prides itself on its commitment to diversity and equity, its institutional culture of collegiality and innovation, its globalization of curricula and its inclusion of the community in its programming. Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional- Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.MISSION AND VISIONAs an essential part of our mission and vision
, diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.APPLICATION PROCEDUREYour online application must include the following to be considered complete:1. A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position;2. A letter of application/cover letter (two-page maximum, recommended) that addresses your ability to meet the QUALIFICATIONS, and KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES for theposition;3. A one-page response to the Supplemental Question.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:National Criminal Background Check may be required.APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highlineNEED APPLICATION HELP?Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524- 5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00PM Pacific Time.HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERHighline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONSThe College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.TITLE IX POLICYHighline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
The College appointing authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make an employment decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.