Job no: 495604
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Office of Financial Aid
Requested Start Date:
February 14, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, some evenings and weekends may be required for special events
The Financial Aid Counselor provides quality customer service to prospective, and continuing students regarding financial aid eligibility, analyze federal financial aid applications to determine a student's financial need, prepare and award financial aid packages, and perform all duties related to the financial aid process. Counselors must interact in a professional manner with students and parents in challenging situations to help them resolve financial issues relating to financial aid eligibility and monetary awards.
- Counsels and educates students, parents, and others about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, indebtedness, money and management and financial planning.
- Utilizes and updates database and processes applications for financial aid received from students.
- Collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine aid eligibility and make awards within federal, donor and/or institutional guidelines.
- Evaluates unusual/mitigating circumstance documentation or information provided by the student; exercises judgment by making adjustment or revisions to costs, contribution, or dependency status as exceptions to the prescribed process.
- Assists in the preparation of and presents information regarding federal financial aid, scholarships, employment and grants for various campus groups, high school students and parents at meetings, group discussions, workshops and recruitment sessions.
- Analyzes various system generated reports such as grades and enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines.
- Notifies students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation.
- Assists with other financial aid activities such as outreach, reporting and monitoring.
- Speaks to student groups on and off campus with respect to financial aid applications and processes.
- Answers questions, inquiries or requests from students, parents, or guardians in person or in writing regarding financial aid programs and eligibility.
- Provides assistance to visitors and general public whether by phone or in person.
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One year full-time experience in financial aid, student counseling or other directly related experience which includes extensive student contact
- Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Jan 18 2022 Central Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 02 2022 Central Standard Time