Requisition Number:36335Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Temporary StaffSchedule:Part-TimePosting Close Date:27-Jan-2022Date Posted:20-Jan-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThe CASE Building Support Assistant is responsible for the safety and security of building occupants and property, outside of traditional hours.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe Center for Academic Success and Engagement (CASE) opens as a gateway to the university and supports the academic and student experience from the time prospective students visit campus through their time at CU Boulder, to graduation and beyond.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Act as security and back-up for the student employees, especially if dealing with difficult or non-compliant building users.
- Evening hours point-of-contact for CASE staff in need of assistance.
- Ensuring aesthetics, safety and security of property within the building.
- Carries communication device while on shift and has TEAMS enabled on personal device.
- Respond to and manage emergency calls.
- Perform light cleaning/building management tasks as needed.
- Report larger maintenance issues.
- Submit documents and reports at the end of each shift.
- Submit daily reports consistently.
- Uphold and set an example of excellent customer service and ensure student employees also model this.
What You Should Know
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This is a part time, temporary position expected to last through the spring semester.
- Regular working hours will be Monday through Thursday, 5pm – 9:15pm and Friday 5pm – 7:15pm during the academic year. Some additional hours during special events may be necessary.
- This is not a remote position.
What We Can OfferThe hourly rate is $20.00BenefitsTemporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
. Be StatementsBe courageous. Be daring. Be Boulder.What We Require
- 1 year in similar role: hospitality, security, customer service, education.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or 2 additional years customer service experience.
What You Will Need
- Knowledgeable of de-escalation and conflict management techniques, campus policies, mandatory reporting, first aid etc.
- Ability to move heavy objects; furniture, boxes etc.
- Desire to ensure high levels of customer service.
- Demonstrate self-initiative and work well without supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills with staff and guests.
- Demonstrate outstanding relationship building skills.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and hold others accountable.
- Advocate for those who work within the building.
- Natural problem solver and willing to help improve processes.
- Alert and aware, even during downtime.
- Display cultural competency and respects the differences of others.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Work in line with CASE values: empathy, consistency, teamwork, togetherness, professionalism.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by January 27, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]