Requisition Number:36276Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:30-Jan-2022Date Posted:18-Jan-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThis Office Manager position provides professional support for the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Communication and Technology, the Executive Director Human Resources, Policy & Compliance and the Executive Director, Finance & Business Administration. The position is housed within the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (VCSA) office and works in partnership with other professional assistants supporting the VCSA's Cabinet. Working with independence and initiative, the individual is essential to ensuring the VCSA cabinet leadership is organized and prepared each day within their roles. It's essential that the Office Manager maintain accurate and up-to-date schedules, calendars, notes, and travel arrangements. This position will coordinate calendars and schedules, exercising a high level of reliability, communication skills, discretion, and judgment. This position will also help with scheduling rooms and completing other administrative duties as necessary.
This position requires a significant level of knowledge of and experience with university policies and procedures and the ability to work effectively with Division of Student Affairs units, campus partners, parents and families, donors, and community members. This position is responsible for office coverage and will include supervision and coordination of student employees.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreAbout the Division of Student Affairs
Our goal is to help students become successful, curious, competent individuals during their time at CU Boulder. We provide educational opportunities, resources and support services to help students find their community and build lifelong skills. Overall, students will gain self-confidence and the ability to achieve both academic and personal goals.We support student growth and development in the following areas:
- Personal and professional development
- Making connections and building relationships
- Health and well-being
- Diversity and inclusion
- Leadership and civic engagement
- Responsibility and accountability
What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeExecutive Level Support:
- Coordinates and maintains complex calendars. This includes setting up leadership-level meetings for multiple attendees, securing conference rooms, and organizing general calendar workflow and determining priorities for calendaring, ensuring that all materials needed for appointments/meetings are ready and available in a timely fashion.
- Works with Business Services to coordinate travel arrangements and prepares reimbursements
- Anticipates the needs of the executives they support within the VCSA office; including time management and prioritization, meeting preparation, logistical response to unanticipated events, and exercises independent judgment to solve problems.
- Takes initiative to identify effective solutions and fully carries out resolutions to the highest standards.
- Manages a system of follow-up with individuals and groups to ensure appropriate resolution of issues.
- Ensures meetings and events involving the executives are performed at the highest level. Anticipates needs and prepares materials well in advance.
- Provides logistical and strategic support for the arrangement, coordination and dissemination of minutes and action items from meetings.
Division Projects and Events:
- Responsible for VCSA Suite Office coverage. Hire, train, schedule and supervise students to help with office coverage or other support duties including but not limited to: greeting visitors, answering phones and responding to general inquiries, screens calls, responds to sensitive complaints and requests for information, resolves concerns and complaints, refers inquiries as appropriate, and managing other projects/duties.
- Maintains a list of regularly scheduled activities and deadlines and proactively works to make the leaders within this portfolio successful in meeting the needs of those activities.
- Coordinates Division events related to the VCSA office and Division. Books locations, organizes agenda and food. Provide day of logistical coordination.
- Create and maintain central tracking systems for events, staff retreats, and large scale meetings, conferences and professional development activities, and make scheduling and logistical recommendations based on this information
- Provides administrative and logistical leadership for regularly occurring Division and portfolio-related events and meetings (All Staff meetings, Town Halls, Staff Awards & Recognition, retreats, etc.)
- Responds to Student Affairs email accounts and coordinates messaging with related units, students and parents.
- Orders and manages office supplies for the VCSA office suite.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the VCSA office including front desk coverage, Student Affairs phone and email coverage, office supplies are stocked and printer/copier are in working order.
- Responsible for standard communication pieces in times of student crises with direction from senior leadership.
- Assists VCSA staff with special initiatives and projects, such as coordination of office moves and renovations, one-time conferences and events, compiling data to meet campus or System requests, organizational restructures, consultants, and related projects.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Hire, trains and supervises students for the VCSA office to cover events and front desk duties.
- Creates Student schedules and approves weekly timecards.
- Develops students to understand the operations of the VCSA office and the role of student affairs in student success.
What You Should KnowAll University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.What We Can Offer
- Salary range is $60,000 - $61,800.
- Onboarding assistance is available within Student Affairs guidelines.
Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be StatementsBe courageous. Be supportive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
- Experience with independent problem solving.
What You Will Need
- High level of discretion, judgment, and confidentiality exercised in the role.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding environment, balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to anticipate and address potential problems.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and initiate an appropriate action or response.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to appropriately tailor communication methods based on audience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to support individuals with various working styles.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Graduate coursework or degree in higher education, student affairs, public administration, or a related field.
- Previous experience working in Student Affairs.
- Previous experience supporting senior level leaders or teams.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by January 30, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]