Requisition Number:36363Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:02-Feb-2022Date Posted:20-Jan-2022 Close All
The University of Colorado Boulder's Deming Center for Entrepreneurship within the Leeds School of Business encourages applications for the Marketing & Operations Manager position! This role will work closely with the Executive Director in leading the operations of the Center in an efficient and collaborative manner. In addition, this position will lead, manage, and complete all marketing functions of the Center. This includes: creating and managing the budget; managing the process of awarding scholarships; helping to operate broader events; lead internal communications and collaborations; create and update a dynamic and effective digital presence; lead the creation and release of the Pulse newsletter; lead the Center’s rankings plan; and lead all data management leading to data-driven decisions. In addition, the Operations & Marketing Manager will help support the creation of new programs and initiatives as developed by the Center.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We Are
The Deming Center for Entrepreneurship prepares students to embrace key global challenges by equipping them to think like entrepreneurs, act as social innovators and deliver as successful business leaders. The Deming Center shapes entrepreneurs who want to make a difference in our society by creating an environment that fosters and cultivates innovation. Here at the Center, we are determined to support entrepreneurs and connect them to Colorado’s entrepreneurial network.
Leeds is on a trajectory to become one of our nation’s preeminent business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and excellence, Leeds is committed to producing innovative, principled business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Assure for an efficient, timely and impactful operational structure that supports maximum impact for all key partners.
- Data-driven decision making. Create systems and processes to capture appropriate data and present in a way to inform decision-making.
- Lead the creation and management of the budgeting process for transparency in providing ownership to colleagues in making financial decisions.
- Scholarship management. Help review and award scholarship awards for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Collaborate and assure Deming’s contributions and requirements as a Leeds/CU Center by attending appropriate meetings and taking action accordingly.
- Lead and oversee additional operational elements of the Center as we innovate and adapt.
Marketing & Communications
- Create system processes to accomplish maximum exposure, interest, and excitement in the Center’s amazing programs and accomplishments.
- Coordinate the creation and execution of the Pulse newsletter for maximum impact.
- Lead social media efforts to increase awareness and help accomplish Center goals.
- Create and distribute a yearly impact report.
- Use SalesForce to drive efficiencies. Track metrics management and marketing efficiencies.
- Collaborate with cross-campus partners in elevating our awareness/brand to increase participation in Center events and activities.
Supporting Center Programs & Initiatives
- Collaborate with all Demingites to innovate and grow our impact via enhancement of current programs or creation of new ones.
What You Should Know
The Deming Center for Entrepreneurship at Leeds School of Business celebrated an impressive win at the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC) conference last month. Follow the link to further explore the award winning Deming Center!
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $53,000- $60,000 annually.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe innovative. Be proactive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Two years of experience working in a comparable role, performing similar responsibilities.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong marketing abilities and an excitement to help get the word out.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly.
- Ability to present self in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated detail orientation and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to evaluate different student programs and determine the highest impact.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong design experience and/or ability to manage creative design creation.
- Expertise in data analytics.
- Competence in financial budgeting; development and management.
- Solid understanding of creating operational efficiencies via systems & processes.
- Knowledge in digital media strategies, execution, including website and social channels.
- Passionate about the field of entrepreneurship and/or education.
- Solid understanding in SalesForce and other CRM platforms.
- Ability to work hard, while also understanding the importance of enjoying the journey.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment to reflect our values and vision at Leeds.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- Please share your favorite entrepreneurial story with us via video by uploading a link, or in writing by uploading a word or PDF doc.
We may request references at a later time. Please apply by February 2, 2022
for consideration. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]