Program Manager, Space Management & Analysis
Office of Capital Projects Division of Real Property & Space AdministrationThis position provides management, oversight and data analysis of the University facilities and lease information system (part of IRIS (SAP) and Archibus) and assists in matters of the office of Real Property and Space Administration. This position also provides research, data analysis, reporting and recommendations regarding space utilization and lease management related to UT System-wide higher education/University issues and state funding. Provides analysis, information, and presentations to executive administration for decisions-making.
Management of the University's facilities and lease databases in IRIS and Archibus:
- Develops new policies and procedures related to system-wide space management data and systems.
- Develop space management systems and processes; assess and evaluate existing space utilization; project future space needs; and provide advice and recommendations to committees and senior administration on the appropriate allocation of space in compliance with the University’s strategic objectives, policies and standards
- Responsible for the UT System-wide facilities database consisting of over 1,000 buildings and 31M square feet.
- Serves as subject matter expert and liaison with both THEC and campus Institutional Research offices on the facilities database, space management and space utilization.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on THEC space guidelines and represents the University as changes/revisions are proposed.
- Provides oversight and direction to campus representatives to ensure accurate and consistent data across all campuses.
- Seeks creative solutions to ensure campuses/institutes are accurately reporting space use to maximize state funding as calculated by THEC.
- Provides annual training and oversight and coordination of annual space survey for all university entities.
- Coordinates and maintains the data integrity of lease data in Archibus requiring knowledge of leasing principles and practices.
- Recommend and implement data policies necessary to maintain facilities and lease data that meets the needs of the University.
- Continuously evaluate the future needs of facilities and lease data end-users and work with the appropriate departments to design and implement changes or enhancements to the current systems.
- Performs system-wide audits on all campuses to ensure all space is accounted for
Reporting and Analysis:
- Completes data analysis and prepares reports based on various UT System and campus requests often involving large amounts of data from multiple systems/databases, requiring proper assimilation and analysis to assist with administration level decision-making.
- Completes data analysis required for preparation of reports to THEC that affect state funding to University.
- Work directly with campus registrars offices to ensure accurate classification of room use and frequency.
- Completes periodic audits of data to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Test facilities software updates and adequately report findings to programming support.
- Troubleshoot facilities software and/or data problems to identify source or patterns and provide solutions or adequately describe to programming support.
- Preparing data analysis for federal reports such as National Science Foundation surveys and data that supports the F&A rate negotiations.
- Preparing data analysis for ad hoc reports that relate to facilities and lease data.
Real Property and Space Administration duties:
- Works closely with and serves as back-up to Real Property Specialist handling property acquisitions, disposals, easements and other real estate transactions.
- Supports the development of Campus Master Plans including developing and analyzing data to determine long-term space needs by space type.
- Prepare, update and submit insurance forms to Risk Management as properties are acquired/disposed of
- Complete special projects and studies for Assistant Vice President of Capital Projects and Director of Real Property and Space Administration.
- Supports System-wide development of Campus Master Plans and Master Plan Amendments including analysis and review of space needs based on THEC Guidelines, document review and editing and ensuring consistency with data in IRIS and Archibus.
- Oversight of procuring and managing standing offer agreements with vendors for the space management software.
Familiarity with data systems, reporting and trouble shooting.
Data analysis, management and reporting skills.
Ability to take abstract/what if questions and prepare and analyze data.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Research and analysis skills.
Data analysis and management skills.
Knowledge or experience in a higher education institution.
Ability to analyze large amounts of information and develop concise and clear reports.
Data system trouble shooting and development skills.
Writing and communication skills.
Excellent Excel skills to report, organize, and analyze data.Preferred:Education:
At least five years' in a similar role at a Higher Education institution or similar experience.
Familiarity with leasing principles and practices.Knowledge, Skills and Abilites:
Familiarity with THEC Guidelines.
Knowledge of IRIS (SAP) and Archibus data management systems desirable.
Familiarity with higher education organizational structure and space types.Job:
Other ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Jan 19, 2022, 11:15:03 AM