PG191133EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant Clinical Professor of RadiologyAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience ($130,000 - $135,000) Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 40 hours per weekJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Molecular Biomedical SciencesAbout the Department:
The NC State College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) has achieved national recognition in research, teaching and clinical excellence, and the Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences (MBS) plays critical roles in all of these areas. The MBS department bridges basic and clinical research and is home to 45 multi-disciplinary faculty, as well as staff, post-docs, graduate students, and house officers. Disciplines represented in MBS include basic science fields (cell biology, physiology, gross anatomy, developmental and reproductive biology, environmental science and toxicology, genomics, neurobiology, and regenerative medicine), clinical specialties (anesthesiology, pharmacology, nutrition, and diagnostic imaging), and pedagogy. The MBS department trains both veterinary medical students and graduate students interested in research-based careers.Essential Job Duties:
The MBS department’s research mission focuses on the discovery of new knowledge relevant to animal and human disease and applying these findings to enhancing health and well-being. For more information about the department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences please visit https://cvm.ncsu.edu/research/departments/mbs/.
The college is committed to practicing inclusivity, making community a priority and promoting innovation. We embrace effective leadership and we champion personal and professional growth.
This position’s primary responsibilities will be the provision of clinical imaging services to the NC State Veterinary Hospital and the training of senior DVM students and hospital house officers. The successful incumbent will:
- Provide clinical radiology services within the Veterinary Hospital (e.g., performing sonographic exams/sonographic guided sample collection of hospital patients with generation of verbal and written reports).
- Actively participate in veterinary and graduate teaching programs. Supervise and train residents in veterinary radiology, conduct student rounds, attend clinic rounds and present known case conferences to radiology residents.
- Contribute to the knowledge base of the professional discipline through collaborative research with other clinical specialists or basic scientists.
- Provide teleradiology consultations to referring veterinarians and others.
Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
DVM or equivalent degree and completion of an American College of Veterinary Radiology or European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging approved residency required.Other Required Qualifications:
- Contribute to our teaching mission, and help us deliver Day One Competence in our graduates. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching is expected.
N/ARequired License(s) or Certification(s):
Eligibility for veterinary licensure (or faculty certificate) in the State of NC. Valid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
08/11/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to your application please submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A one-page diversity statement describing how the candidate will foster an environment that enhances equity and benefits from the diversity of all individuals. (upload as other document 1)
- Cover letter describing qualifications and past accomplishments relevant to the position
- Contact information for three (3) references
A comprehensive review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Questions may be directed to the Chair of the search committee, Dr. Gabriela Seiler ([email protected]
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
194001 - Dept Molecular Biomedical ScieAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.