Program Specialist IAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Garcia CenterProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
- Position is responsible for assisting with the coordination and support campus and local community programming and supporting daily operations of the Antonio E. Garcia Arts and Education Center.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and supporting programmed events, such as meetings, workshops, summer programs, youth camps, conferences and all other events held.
- Assist with managing registration of programs.
- Assist and coordinate in executing events including but not limited to logistical set up, check-in/registration, food, and beverage, displays and other logistical necessities of events. Set-up/take down of tables and chairs - shopping for program necessities.
- Communicate and interact with other areas of the university to coordinate events.
- Respond to inquiries regarding program offerings.
- Assist with coordination of program communications and marketing. Develop and update training materials and deliver training sessions.
- Assist in preparing budget. Assist in identifying funding opportunities.
Staff and Community Support
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the center's director including but not limited to clerical support and appointment scheduling. Maintain center's program calendar along with directors' calendar and assist with the implementation of the center's programs.
- Maintain office supplies, equipment, and keys.
- Ensure the confidentiality of mail, correspondence, and reports.
- Handle cash, prepare and reconcile all incoming funds, prepare deposits per TAMUCC guidelines.
- Maintain memorandums of Understanding (MOU's), initiate facility use-agreements, and other files related to the center's operations to include fiscal and administrative records.
- Provide occasional maintenance of center social media pages.
- Ensure police security calendar is up to date, confirm calendar with University Police for security presence to create a safe program for students and community.
- Assist with the recruitment, entry, and onboarding in Workday for America Reads tutors, AARP trainees, and Del Mar student worker participants. Keep and maintain time sheets and payroll information for all.
- Serve on the Antonio Garcia Advisory Board. Update the board with information regarding monthly programming.
- Serve as liaison for community partners. Communicate with the public including parents, tutors, counselors, and visitors and serve as point of contact for parents from the after-school program.
- Assist in activities with the afterschool program students to include but limited to joining the students in recess time, helping with homework, assisting lead tutor in group time, maintaining safe and clean areas and any other duties if needed to make the program successful.
- Assist with distribution of afterschool snacks.
- Assist with supervision of student workers, and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Additional experience may be used as a substitution for the minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of related experience.
- Associates Degree and two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience working with students in a learning environment.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent information-seeking skills and the ability to conduct independent research to solve problems.
- Ability to execute tasks with a high level of detail while maintain efficient use of time. Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional customer service, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrating a willingness to be collaborative and supportive.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a food handlers permit.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CPR certification and Child Protection Training (through TAMUCC) that is required to participate as staff during afterschool and summer camps program with minors.
- Ability to work an adjusted work schedule to accommodate center's needs. Occasional weekend and late evenings hours are required, based on programming needs. Daily hours during afterschool programs will be 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m
- Two (2) years or more of related experience in event coordination.
- Ability to begin new projects, work though them independently, and carry them out successfully.
- Fluent in Spanish -speaking, reading, and writing.
- Strong writing and speaking skills. Possess a strong work ethic.
- $3,129.50 - $3,333.34 monthly ($37,554.02 - $40,000 annual)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Program-Specialist-I_R-045793
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency