Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland, School of Nursing is currently recruiting for an Enrollment Coordinator (Academic Support Services Coordinator).
Under general supervision, the Enrollment Coordinator independently coordinates the operational tasks involved in the day-to-day administration of admissions in the Office of Admissions at the University of Maryland, School of Nursing (UMSON). This position provides insight to and a knowledge-base for various processes, procedures, and systems used for the recruitment and admittance of prospective undergraduate and graduate students by the Office of Admissions.The Office of Admissions supports the University's goals to recruit, admit, and enroll a diverse undergraduate and graduate student body. The mission of the UMSON is to develop pre-eminent leaders in nursing education, research, and practice. As a catalyst for creativity and collaboration, we engage diverse groups of professionals, organizations, and communities in addressing local, national, and global health priorities. Together, faculty, staff, and students create a rich and vibrant working and learning environment where knowledge is created and shared. A passion for discovery permeates the educational process and advances the use of evidence as the basis for nursing practice. Accordingly, we are recognized for our scientific knowledge, critical thinking, interpersonal teamwork, and profound commitment to the health of individuals and communities.UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources
- Assists with database development and training to track office expenditures, prospect conversions, and recruitment efforts. Collects and enters information needed for database and tracking system on program activities. Compiles statistics, presents findings in table or chart format, and prepares reports for program evaluation, compliance, and survey participation purposes.
- Serves as a liaison between students and the School of Nursing by guiding prospective students through the admissions process which includes prospect awareness of program and application requirements/expectations.
- Assists with the review, transfer, and scanning of prospective students and current applicants information.
- Provides a high-level of customer service and ensures follow up with prospective students, UMSON faculty, campus constituents, and off-campus contacts.
- Ensures that all required forms and documentation are complete. Compiles, updates, and maintains all records related to assigned administrative processes.
- Receives, screens, and responds to inquiries on the phone or in writing. Provides general information about the program such as admission requirements, basic academic policies, and general program content.
- Corresponds with prospective students as follow-up to assist them in completing the admissions process via telephone, email, and social media.
- Participates in all efforts to promote and publicize the program such as recruitment fairs.
- Recommends opportunities to enhance student services from inquiry through orientation.
- Assists with program evaluation activities and recommends ways to efficiently utilize space, equipment, and personnel resources.
- Maintain, review, and evaluate application related materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
: Bachelors degree in Business Management or related field.Experience
: Two (2) years of related administrative experience in which program coordination is the primary responsibility. Experience and/or knowledge of databases, student services, or higher education in an academic setting preferred.Other
: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
: Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. General knowledge and skill in the use of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software to produce documents and maintain information. Possess skill in performing basic mathematical computations. Ability to present statistical material in tables, charts, or graph form. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and discretion. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to operate computers and other office equipment. Hiring Range
: High $40,000s to low $50,000s; commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Nursing - Student AffairsJob Posting:
Jan 18, 2022Unposting Date:
Feb 8, 2022, 11:59:00 PM