Job Title: Assistant Vice President, Online Enrollment Management
Division: Lindenwood University Global
Evaluation Group: Staff Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Lindenwood University Global
Positions Supervised: Director, Adult and Online Admissions
The assistant vice president, online enrollment management provides dynamic and forward-looking leadership for on-ground Admissions and Enrollment Management while working with the Senior Vice President, Lindenwood University Global, senior leaders, and faculty to further the best interests of the University.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be required of positions given this title. This job description shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Collaborates with supervisor to create and implement recruitment and retention plans; develop policies related to admissions and enrollment processes; and establish financial aid awarding practices but not engaging in individual student contact in securing enrollment (recruitment) or financial aid
- Develops short- and long-term goals and metrics for online student recruitment, basing timelines and strategy on University mission and related campus initiatives
- Acts as liaison among key stakeholders to analyze processes and makes recommendations on how Online Enrollment Management and the University can achieve goals
- Collaborates with academic leaders to foster online learning objectives
- Manages departmental budgets, allocating fiscal resources in alignment with Online Enrollment Management’s strategic plan
- Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) to determine solutions for business problems, including creating a combination of ad-hoc and stored procedure reports to help toward achievement of revenue targets; makes recommendations for technology needed to scale enrollment in the online space
- Implements procedures that provide timely processing of admissions applications
- Aims to streamline/improve customer experience; guides staff in collection of recruitment, admissions, and retention data; assists with data interpretation and makes suggestions for improvement
Leadership and Strategic Thinking
- Supports the mission of the University and serves as an ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports, and holds others accountable to the University’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity, and teamwork
- Ensures related departments provide responsive, consistent student services in full compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and University policies
Employee Management and Development
- Serves as human resources liaison for Online Enrollment Management; assists with departmental recruiting as needed
- Sets clear performance expectations and holds employees accountable; conducts regular employee check-ins and annual evaluations based on evidence, observation, and feedback
- Provides annual salary recommendations and employee change approvals; oversees student employee allocations
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements may be designated by position.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a director level in higher education
- Completion of vaccination status survey and proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform this job competently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, along with the ability to initiate and maintain internal and external relationships
- Highly developed analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and public speaking skills
- Results-oriented leader with the ability to analyze data, make change recommendations, and collaborate interdepartmentally
- Strong professional integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to use good judgment, think critically, and communicate effectively
- Ability to use general office software, including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products
- Knowledgeable in the areas of enrollment management, academic services, and financial aid
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of this job’s functions.
- General office setting
- Local travel may be required
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours daily
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
- Adequate mobility to attend meetings and events across campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to educational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.