Custodian Tracking Code807-280Job Description
Under the general supervision of a department supervisor performs a wide range of custodial tasks involving the use of cleaning equipment and materials. Incumbent provides the labor and tasks to assure that University buildings are maintained in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and professional manner consistent with contemporary housekeeping standards of good practice. Position entails manual labor associated with the routine and project type cleaning of University facilities.
- Performs miscellaneous custodial tasks associated with general cleaning including trash removal, dusting, spot-cleaning, furniture cleaning, glass cleaning, damp wiping, disinfection, and the like
- Performs various floor cleaning tasks such as dust mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, spot removal from carpets, spray buffing, burnishing, stripping, resealing and refinishing floors
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms, including fixtures, showers, tubs, walls, ceilings, and floors. Replenishes paper products and soap. Scrubs floors, pressure washes walls, and the like
- Moves furniture, reports needed repairs and performs other duties related to custodial work of a project nature
- Reports hazardous conditions and facilities in need of repair
- Responds to student and other user groups’ issues and concerns in a supportive, professional, timely and problem-solving manner
- Participates in total quality management (TQM) training, maintains the skills necessary to utilize the TQM process, and participates on quality improvement teams as assigned.
- Maintains a working knowledge of custodial work methods, supplies and equipment, and implements same in a cost effective manner
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, students and the University community
- Abides by and complies with University policies and procedures
- Performs special and other assignments as directed
- Minimum Education: HS Diploma or GED preferred; reading/writing ability at tenth-grade level required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular