Public Safety Officer Tracking Code809-280Job Description
Under the general oversight of the assigned shift Sergeant, performs routine law enforcement and security work in the protection of people and in the safeguarding of University property. Incumbent secures assigned property against possible loss or damage and is charged with insuring the safety of all individuals on campus. Work is reviewed through conferences and reports for compliance with established policies, procedures and guidelines. Performs other work as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Physically able to provide security service to the campus community by performing regular and routine patrols of assigned areas by foot, golf cart, bicycle or vehicle; perform building walk-through’s floor by floor which involves walking up/down numerous levels of stairs; assisting in traffic direction and parking; issuing University information to visitors; escorting University community members to and from buildings and parking lots; locking and unlocking facilitates as requested by authorized person(s); issuing traffic citations; providing disaster and emergency evaluation and management; maintaining records, both manual and automated; preparing clear and concise reports regarding complaints, incidents, accidents, thefts and reporting of activities for daily logs.
Normal Work Schedule: 1800 - 0600 Rotating Shifts
Minimum Education: High School diploma / GED or equivalent certificate of competency; supplemented by one (1) year of related work experience.
- Have the ability to effectively meet and deal with the public
- Ability to pass standard law enforcement background/security check
- Must be in good physical condition
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record as determined by the University’s auto insurance carrier.
- High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent certificate of competency; supplemented by one year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must possess a “Class D” security license with the State of Florida, or be willing to pursue and secure such certification (State of Florida Chapter 493) within 90 days of employment.
Salary Grade: 2
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular