Full-time tenure track position in the Division of Nursing and Health Professions to teach in all areas of the Nursing Program. Responsibilities include teaching and evaluating students in class, laboratory, and clinical settings in all areas of the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Additional responsibilities include curriculum development implementation and assessment and serving on Nursing and College committees. May include assignment of courses in related areas and support courses. Assignments may include instruction at the main and branch campuses.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintains current license as a Registered Nurse in New Jersey.
- Instructs and evaluates in all areas of Nursing in an Associate Degree program. May include teaching in related college courses.
- Possesses the capability to deliver online lessons to students.
- Develops and updates course syllabi and related materials to reflect contemporary Nursing, including evidenced based practice.
- Collaborates with other faculty in the development of effective teaching/learning and retention strategies.
- Actively participates in the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of the Nursing Program.
- Contributes to and/or generates reports and supportive materials for accrediting agencies
- Implements the philosophy, mission, learning outcomes, curriculum, and policies of the Division of Nursing and Health Professions and the College.
- Maintains necessary academic records and submits records according to published deadlines.
- Assists in the acquisition of related instructional materials and supplies.
- Participates in College governance and operations through Division and College committees.
- Contributes to the community as a representative of the College.
- Participates as Nursing program recruiter at College events.
- Fulfills campus-wide responsibilities.
- Maintains professional competence by participating in on-going clinical practice, continuing education, professional conferences, research, and writing relevant to faculty responsibilities.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution
- Current valid license as a Registered Nurse. NJ Registered Nurse license required throughout employment in the position
- Minimum of 2 years’ recent clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for students exhibiting a broad range of abilities
- Utilization of innovative teaching methods incorporating technology, including on-line resources
- Commitment and ability to utilize instructional strategies to promote student recruitment, retention, and success
- Ability to help students adjust to the college academic community
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Dedication to improving college course offerings by active participation in curriculum processes, including outcomes assessment
- Commitment to campus life by participation in college sponsored activities and functions
- Involvement with College Committees and Task Forces
- Proven commitment to scholarly achievement and professional growth
- Participation in community service
- Possess the ability to work well and communicate effectively with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, administration, and colleagues and community partners
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff and a commitment to a student-centered environment.
If certain conditions exist, this position requires you to have access to personal technological equipment and capabilities to perform your duties.
- Earned Doctorate in a related area
- Clinical experience in a variety of settings
- Experience in teaching nursing students and/or healthcare professionals
- Current knowledge of associate degree nursing and teaching methodologies
- Experience in outcomes assessment and program evaluation methodologies
- Familiarity with community college education