Macalester College, a highly selective liberal arts college, seeks to hire an assistant tennis coach for the 2022 season, beginning 1/24/2022. Macalester College aims to hire those that share our college values of excellence in education, multiculturalism, and service to society.
We aspire to hire a coach that will invest in the success and holistic wellbeing of our entire student-athlete population and provide a highly competitive athletic experience for the students we serve.
This is a part-time, three-month position that reports to the head men’s and women’s tennis coach; evening and weekend hours are required.
- On court coaching at team practices.
- On court coaching at tournaments and dual matches.
- Hitting into practices as necessary.
- Travel to away matches and tournaments.
- Assist with administrative and off court duties including social media, team building, player meetings, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous coaching experience required, preferably at the college level.
- Proficiency in designing/implementing effective and efficient coaching techniques.
- Ability to support the health and wellbeing of a diverse group of student-athletes.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage, this position will remain open until filled.
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.BenefitsMacalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]