Job location: Courtyard Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
4800 Preston Park Boulevard, Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support for technology issues to Collin employees. Act as a resource for Collin Information Technology (IT) for initial troubleshooting, collating field reports into actionable tickets and customer interfacing. Develop and maintain processes and procedures to optimize effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain availability to answer phone and email inquiries and requests. Resolve basic hardware/software problems by walking end-user through procedures and processes for resolution of computer, network, and telephone difficulties. Assign requests to other IT personnel as necessary for resolution. Log inquiries into automation tool to be analyzed for trends.
- Coordinate on-site technical support for emergency status calls when software and/or equipment failures occur.
- Assist users in the usage and maintenance of their network accounts.
- Complete complex security sensitive functions, including updating and creating network accounts, passwords and e-mail distribution lists. Provide specific directions and instructions for first-time customers.
- Develop and maintain departmental web site with current information, contact numbers, processes, online forms, and automated tools for customer and internal departmental use.
- Build and maintain database of work requests with documentation for future inquiries.
- Analyze, develop and document clearly defined procedures of expert information that fit the needs of the district's hardware/software problems.
- Perform as back-up administrator for the call tracking system.
- Keep up-to-date on changes in policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge.
- Interact and work cooperatively with other members of the college and community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL, ASP development
- Knowledge of basic network system administration
- Customer service skills
- Computer and technology skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to prioritize requests
- Ability to develop automated techniques to replace manual processes
- Diagnostic ability
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum of one (1) year of experience required.
Three (3) years of experience, preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
CompTIA A+ Certification
A+, Security +, preferred
Must always meet minimum education requirements, UNLESS an acceptable equivalent combination specifically defined in the job description.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.