Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Briar Cliff University of Iowa, an institution committed to higher education within a liberal arts and Catholic perspective, invites applications for a 9-month, full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Kinesiology to start in the Fall of 2022 with the possibility pending performance of applying to a tenure-track position after the first year. The duties include a 24-hour teaching load in addition to advising of major students. Teaching assignments will vary and may include both General Education courses as well as major specific courses. Successful candidates will also demonstrate a commitment to high-quality education in a Catholic and Franciscan University and agree to contribute to the mission and vision of the Kinesiology Department.
- Candidates will have earned a master's degree, preferably a Ph.D., in Exercise Sciences, Kinesiology or related field of study.
- Preference given to candidates with a background in exercise physiology, biomechanics, motor learning, motor control or motor development.
- Experience with teaching undergraduate exercise science/kinesiology courses
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member with the other faculty, the Chair and Administration, complete assigned tasks, meet deadlines, and contribute to the mission and vision of the Kinesiology Department and Briar Cliff Universit
We invite applications for this position. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a curriculum vitae, a cover letter, graduate transcripts, a teaching statement, student evaluations, and the names and contact information for three references who will not be contacted without consent. Submit application materials to Human Resources at [email protected]. Further information about employment opportunities may be found at www.briarcliff.edu/employment.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.