Assistant Director of Global Recruiting
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number :
We are looking for a champion of the degree programs offered at our graduate school. This person should be a great communicator who is highly organized and comfortable with change. This position, as a part of the MIIS student recruitment team, is responsible for school-wide student recruitment activities and achieving institutional enrollment objectives. Recruiting activities include, but are not limited to, video conferencing, email, chat and phone correspondence with prospective students, referral generation, participation in opportunity fairs, advising prospective students and applicants, and enrolling admitted students. This is a full-time staff position based in Monterey, California but allows for hybrid work from home (approximately 50% of the time).
• Generate inquiries, applications and enrollments for the graduate degree and certificate programs at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies.
• Manage all recruiting activities for your portfolio of programs, which will include, but may not be limited to: 1 to 1 advising meetings, telephone and email follow-up, sms/text message correspondence, online chats, group advising, public speaking and presentations both on- and off-campus, staffing graduate school fairs, hosting preview day weekends, delivering campus tours, etc.
• Provide outstanding service to all prospective students.
• Work with faculty, alumni and current students to actively identify qualified prospects to add to the MIIS student database. Work with manager to develop and implement a personal referral strategy.
• Active involvement in marketing process and the development of recruiting plans to include planning and promoting events, identifying new markets, partnerships, and other opportunities to promoting your programs.
• Initiate and maintain productive working relationships with other departments at Middlebury who are influential to prospective student application decisions.
• Coordinate with Admissions staff to ensure seamless transition from prospective student to applicant status.
• Assist in converting admitted students to enrolled students.
• Carefully track your communications, and performance using Salesforce.
o Travel (domestic and international) up to 25%
o Manage or assist on projects as assigned.
o Serve on institutional task force committees as assigned.
A combination of education and experience which would demonstrate possession of skills required for the position. A typical way to meet these requirements would be a Bachelor’s Degree in education management, or related course of study supplemented with at least 1-2 years in Higher Education recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and develop written correspondence and good oral communication with prospective students. Ability to develop and deliver presentations to individuals and groups during marketing and recruitment events and/or tours.
Strong interpersonal / communication skills, working knowledge of admission processes a plus. Relationship based sales experience preferred. Proficiency with PC applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience with contact management systems (such as SalesForce) a plus. Willing to travel and work occasional weekends. Team player, assertive, adaptable, professional.
Valid driver’s license.
1-2 years experience in higher education and / or marketing and sales-related field.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment. For more information: https://www.middlebury.edu/office/covid-19-updates/covid-19-vaccine-requirements
To apply, please visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/25757
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency