Business and Data Analyst
St. Edward's University
Business and Data Analyst Student Success Center
St. Edward's University is seeking a Business and Data Analyst. The Business and Data Analyst provides leadership and oversight for retention, persistence, and graduation success software, reporting, and data management efforts within the Student Success Center and the Academic Schools. While maintaining the University's CRM software for advising and coaching, this role facilitates and supports the university's pursuit of its strategic goals. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Student Success.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Has a minimum of five years of experience working in a college setting. Demonstrated experience in: enrollment/retention management services, gathering data, analyzing trends and writing reports, understanding and knowledge of current evidence-based best practices related to student retention and planning. Strong technical skills that include experience working with student management and early alert systems/tools that enhance student retention and success. Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications i.e., Word, Excel, Google Workspace university software, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, predictive analytics platforms, Banner database management, CRM systems, etc. Preferred experiences with Student Success Hub. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)Dental - Sunlife DentalVision - Sunlife Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
- Lead and provide oversight for seamless integration and coordination of proactive support service tools aimed to support Student Success Center initiatives and university strategic priorities.
- Understand the key processes, objectives, and functions of the Student Success Center
- Gather and document requirements for improved operations and business processes
- Work with Student Success Center leadership to prioritize business process improvements
- Review vendor-mandated changes to student success software and engage in regression testing to ensure business continuity. Work with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) to resolve issues
- Work with OIT staff to prioritize, size, and plan for implementation of business process improvements when/if they require software improvements/enhancements
- Using tools and concepts such as user stories and use cases, work with OIT to build out project or release plans where Student Success Center staff and other campus subject matter experts (SME's) contribute as stakeholders or advisors on all elements of software enhancements including user interface look and feel, functionality
- Oversee SSC Systems User Group to gather feedback from users, determine opportunities for improvement, identify enhancement requirements and project scope, and collaborate during implementation and training phases. This includes managing future planning and roadmap development (ie. Salesforce Student Success Hub).
- Collect and document feedback from system users and use feedback as part of a continuous improvement loop
- Create and continually refine training materials - including manuals - for software use, especially when it is enhanced
- Perform basic project management tasks for new software feature roll-out
- Write and refine business intelligence and other reports to assess effectiveness of processes and tools using industry leading BI tools
- Use established departmental, divisional, and operational standards for all work and or contribute to the enhancement of said operational standards
- In collaboration with Business and Data Analyst for Retention, Institutional Effectiveness and Planning team and the Academic Schools to develop, forecast and prepare internal university reports in the areas of registration, enrollment, graduation rates, demographics, retention, and other institutional quality measures utilizing various data sources, Tableau and other university software systems to inform campus leadership
- Collaborate across schools and college operations to further strengthen efforts, coordinate strategies, assess effectiveness, and enhance students' retention, persistence, engagement and post-graduation success.
- Prepare regular reports for the Student Success Center and other institutional departments. Support the Student Success Centers semester and yearly assessment process of all retention and student success initiatives in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the retention strategies.
- Serve as a member of the Student Success Center data team by responding to data requests within the Student Success Center (SSC), evaluating persistence and retention efforts, in collaboration with the SSC directors to interpret the data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency