HVAC, General Maintenance
***New hires for this position will be eligible for a $750 sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of employment
Assists with installation, repair and maintenance of freezers and refrigerators, plumbing systems and HVAC systems for campus buildings and facilities.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening.
* May assist with installation, maintenance and repair of refrigerators and freezers, maintains records of repair and advises on/performs preventative maintenance.
* Performs maintenance and repair of various facilities as indicated on daily work orders (plumbing and HVAC).
* Assists with testing procedures to troubleshoot electromechanical systems on campus equipment.
* Performs preventative maintenance on air handling equipment including but not limited to belts, filters, motors, and bearings.
* Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
* Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established Middlebury College and departmental policies and procedures.
* Assists with emergency generator maintenance.
* Assists with metal fabricating and welding as required.
* May order materials needed to complete jobs.
* May assist with lay out and installing plumbing and other jobs to comply with plumbing codes. Maintains records of time, materials, etc., involved with each job.
* Performs associated facilities service management work as requested, including, but not limited to: snow removal, event set-up and clean-up, truck loading and unloading and grounds maintenance.
* Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Willing to attend appropriate technical school training in refrigeration systems, electro mechanical systems, welding, and plumbing systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of refrigeration, HVAC, electro mechanical and plumbing systems necessary.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn lock-out/tag-out procedures,confined space entry, and electrical safety.
* Must be available to assist with emergency maintenance calls on evenings and weekends according to rotational schedule. Ability to work certain Saturdays and Sundays during the course of the year as major events and emergencies require.
* Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle for transportation of self, tools and procuring small materials. Furnishes own hand tools for plumbing/mechanical work.
* Requires frequent walking and long periods of time standing. Also requires frequent bending, twisting, crouching and reaching.
Must have at least 2 years of prior relevant work experience.
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this position.
(Category I screen)
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/27022
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency