Admissions and Records AssociatePosition's Functional Title:
Functional AnalystPosition Summary:
Governors State University is seeking to hire an Enrollment Management Functional Analyst to support enrollment management initiatives through research, management of systems and data-related projects, and other measures and assists in responding to enrollment management and research related data requests. The Enrollment Management Function Analyst supports the coordination of University student information systems as they are related to functions of the Office of the Registrar, Admissions Office, Office of Financial Aid, Dual Degree Programs, Athletics as well as other campus departments that utilize Colleague, WEBI, Slate and the National Clearinghouse portal. Minimum Qualifications:
The Enrollment Management Functional Analyst assists in the implementation of such systems when appropriate, including the evaluation of third-party software solutions being considered by the University. The Enrollment Management Functional Analyst uses an advanced understanding of University policies and procedures related to student academic records and course information to coordinate between Enrollment Management offices and ITS in the analysis, design, integration, implementation, and maintenance of the various student information system software systems. The Enrollment Management Functional Analyst provides consultation and support to units outside of Enrollment Management that regularly utilize or interface with student and course information systems by evaluating their information and/or business process needs and recommending solutions. The Enrollment Management Functional Analyst will work with Institutional Research and Effectiveness to confirm accuracy and alignment of the data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
70% – Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Plan
• Support the implementation of the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Plan through the development of a Key Performance Indicators (KPl’s) dashboard, vetting/tracking of former prospects, inquiries, applicants and enrollments through the National Clearinghouse for recruitment purposes, develop semester and annual evaluation reports on SEM strategy outcomes and other analysis needed to ensure the success of the initiative and preparation for the subsequent enrollment plans.
• Enter, develop and track SEM Plan and EM Strategic Plan KPl’s in Weave
Software. Develop and write reports/views related to EM Goals, Strategies and KPl’s related to the stages of execution.
• Provides research analysis for queries relating to enrollment management initiatives and assists in providing extracts, analysis, and reports for divisional stakeholders.
• Creates usable strategic information and inference from data and presents the story behind the data to enrollment staff members.
• Develops predictive models of consumers/students, competitor behavior, and market behavior and conducts consumer, competitive, and market analyses in conjunct with IRE.
• Provides data required to meet enrollment management needs by using query management tools and research projects, working with ITS staff, I RE staff and Enrollment Management staff to develop queries and reports, and responding to the needs of departments and offices for data to support their enrollment management or student services initiatives.
• Supports the enrollment management effort of the University by developing familiarity with student systems and understanding the interrelationships between those systems and the importance of data extracted from those systems to support enrollment management data needs.
25% – Enrollment Management Functionality
• Supports the core functions of Enrollment Services offices (e.g., Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) by developing and maintaining a high-level understanding of the University’s student information system (Colleague) and the CRM system (Slate) as well as the information and business process needs of those offices, acquiring and utilizing a knowledge of University policies and procedures and coordinating between Enrollment Management staff and ITS staff in the development, implementation, and maintenance of software systems and their associated upgrades.
• Provides ongoing technical expertise which utilizes an advanced knowledge and understanding of federal regulations and University policies and procedures related to student and course information by helping to implement and test related student and course information systems.
• Assists staff in the implementation of business process redesign solutions and new technology by providing training and documentation of solutions.
• Resolves problems and enhances various processes, projects, procedures, etc. by employing critical thinking skills and creativity.
5% – Other Duties
Starting Salary: $52,903.50.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
This position qualifies for an expansive suite of fringe benefits including, various insurance options, paid time off, retirement and investment options, and tuition waivers. Visit: https://www.govst.edu/benefits/.
REQUIRED: COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, education, humanities, public relations, social sciences, or a field related to the position.
• Two (2) years of professional work experience in admissions, records, registration, and/or closely related experience within an educational setting.
• At least three (3) years of experience in the development and utilization of software systems.
• Experience in data collection and analysis, utilization of query management tools and application software, and project management.
• Experience with software and tools used for data analytics and data visualization (e.g., WEBI, Advanced Excel, Slate Reports, and/or other software).
• Excellent management, leadership, interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Competency in the use of query tools and applications software.
• Effective decision-making skills.
NOTE: A Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
• Master’s degree in one of these fields: business, management, or computer information systems.Posting Date:
• Knowledge of admissions, registration, student records, degree audit, financial aid or systems with a similar level of complexity is strongly preferred.
• Experience developing predictive models and conducting analyses of consumers/students, competitors, and market behavior.
• Experience with data analysis, and general functions related to enrollment management.
• Knowledge of Ellucian’s Colleague and Slate software suite.
• Knowledge of quantitative statistical comparison and correlation techniques, survey data analysis, data mining, and qualitative data techniques.
• The ability to understand, interpret, and analyze data and business process needs of integrated functions in a complex system.
• Advanced knowledge and skills regarding the use of Office 365 suite applications.
01/28/2022Open Until Filled:
CS0610PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting:
https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6804Special Instructions to Applicants:
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT: For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: College/university transcripts with degree earned and conferred date.2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).3: Cover Letter. 4: Resume.5: A list of three Professional References. RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT:
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date. CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS:
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met. VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS:
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources: 1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD2152: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.