This position provides comprehensive institutional research services for Southwest Tech in order to enhance data-driven decision making and college effectiveness in meeting college goals. This position applies quantitative & qualitative research and statistical analysis methods to collect data and evidence of student learning; evaluate data, interpret results, identify emerging trends and student learning results; and make recommendations to improve student success. This is a dual role, and 25% of this positions time will be dedicated to delivering education and training to students through effective instruction. Instructors promote student success by demonstrating and maintaining instructional excellence and currency in their field throughout employment at the college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Collect, organize, and monitors data necessary to complete external surveys and ensures accurate and timely data reporting. Duties could include, but are not limited to, responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting IPEDS data; data for the HLC Federal Compliance reporting for accreditation; overseeing and approving data reported; developing processes to accurately and efficiently report data;
- Coordinates and organizes the components of community, college-wide, and state surveys including those required by the WTCS, new program needs assessments, HLC accreditation, course assessments, and other surveys as requested. Compiles and communicates results.
- Provides guidance to councils and teams, leadership, faculty, and staff in using and accessing data.
- Develops and conducts trainings to enhance data literacy college-wide.
- Conduct analysis of data, and share findings to assist leadership, faculty and staff make data informed decisions.
- Research job outlook, program viability, demographic data and other information required for the support of new programs, program modifications offered at the college, or evidence to support grant applications.
- Conducts and coordinates college research activities. Meets with key stakeholders to identify research question to be answered. Works with IT and other departments as appropriate to gather data sets needed to conduct research. Runs statistical analysis to identify correlations or other relationships between data elements. Summarizes results in a format that is clear and meaningful for decision-making.
- Assists with organizing, collecting, and utilizing data and metrics essential for assessing college improvement related to college accreditation and strategic planning; work with college teams and councils to collect and report data on progress toward college goals for strategic planning, HLC required continuous improvement and provides recommendations to improve processes.
- Assists with College and Program accreditations; collects and compiles data for annual updates required by college and program accreditors for continued compliance with accreditation per guidelines and criteria by the individual entities.
- Assists with efforts in maintaining, updating, and improving databases, systems, and records to ensure data integrity and accuracy, and compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations, as well as college policies; work may involve updating electronic and other documents; resolving information discrepancies; and/or forwarding information to appropriate departments.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
25% Data Analytics Instructor:
- Teaches and educates students in the Data Analytics program in accordance with needs, abilities, and identified potential, which includes: developing lesson plans and curriculum; developing course handouts; monitoring and assessing student progress to ensure academic success; assigning student grades; communication with students on their progress; and teaching assigned subject(s).
- Evaluates and assesses program outcomes
- Prepares for assigned classes, including: developing course syllabi; organizing and maintaining classroom(s) to facilitate learning; and performing related tasks.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends by attending conferences, joining professional organizations, and performing related tasks.
- Prepares and provides contract training on Data Analytics and related topics for Business and Industry Services
- Performs institutional requirements, including: participating in events and meetings as required; orienting new instructors; and planning events to assist in advertising the College.
- Assists in recruitment and retention of students.
- Assists in developing and managing a program budget to purchase and maintain supplies.
- Organizes activities aimed at promoting student success in programs.
- Provides service learning opportunities through lab project management.
Must embrace Southwest Tech’s College Values of learning, integrity, accountability, inclusivity, and continuous improvement.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in data analytics, math, statistics, research or other related field from an accredited college required.
- Prefer 3-5 years experience in institutional research, functional data area (e.g., registrar, admissions, finance, HR), or other higher education analysis and reporting entity.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to be flexible and adaptable by shifting quickly between multiple projects;
- Commitment to meet timelines, manage projects, and perform responsibilities with minimal supervision. Knowledge of project management tools and techniques;
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and tools, research design methods, principles, and practices, and a working knowledge of market research techniques;
- Advanced mathematical and statistical methods and principles;
- Strong and demonstrated skills in data management and in the analysis of small and large datasets.
- Experience with forecasting and predictive modeling.
- Working knowledge of basic Data Governance principles.
- Proficiency with survey development systems including SurveyMonkey, or comparable products;
- Ability to gather and interpret data in order to create reports using appropriate data visualizations, translating the data into easy to understand formats;
- Prefer basic knowledge of coding in at least one statistical package (ie. SQL, SAS, SPS, R, or other)
- Data visualization tools, specifically with PowerBI.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet various deadlines.
- Facilitate problem solving using technology as a tool.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong sense of ethics – ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Maintain a high-level quality of customer service standards in responding to end-user requests.
- An enthusiasm for learning – ability to keep abreast of trends, developments, best practices, and technologies as appropriate for this position; consults with colleagues from other institutions to learn from their experiences.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc.
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at [email protected] or 608.822.2314.
SALARY BAND: C43 $52,100 - $72,941
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Health Club Access
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charge)
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender identity, religion or sexual orientation in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809