18-Jan-2022 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This JobJOB SUMMARY
This position provides technical phone support for the entire university dealing with Windows and Apple operating systems as well as the applications found on each. The position will answer the Helpdesk phones, resolve user questions, log tickets, check in/out hardware, assist with password resets, and other user requests. MAJOR DUTIES
- Answers the phone and creates work orders for users.
- Works with users to solve specific issues that a user may experience such as logging into a computer, changing passwords, application support questions, and general user questions.
- Creates documentation for end user consumption to aid in user support.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment installation.
- General knowledge of information technology for classroom use.
- General operating system use for Windows and Apple systems.
- Sill with Microsoft Office for Windows and Apple.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Helpdesk Manager assigns work in terms of specific instructions. Tickets may be utilized to assign work. The Helpdesk Manager may spot-check completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include hardware and software manufacturer guidelines, university computer usage policies, and other university policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied technical duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide Tier I technical support for the university campus and off-site locations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university staff, students, vendors, and members of the public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
- High School diploma.
- One year of related experience required.
- Customer Service attitude and experience.
- Certifications such as A+, Net+
- Formalized Helpdesk Training
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com