The Center for Rural School Health & Education (CRSHE) is housed in the Morgridge College of Education at University of Denver (DU). The vision of CRSHE (pronounced crush) is happy, healthy children and families living in vibrant rural communities. The Center for Rural School Health & Education is dedicated to partnering with rural schools to improve health and education outcomes. CRSHE projects are created and implemented in close collaboration with community partners and resources are developed in response to expressed community needs and interests. All CRSHE initiatives embody principles of social justice, racial equity and community engagement, and contribute to the vision of all children, youth and adults in rural communities living healthy, meaningful lives.
CRSHE seeks a full-time benefited Business (Administrative) Coordinator to support the day-to-day administrative processes and business needs of the Center. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Centers Director of Research & Evaluation. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative and business needs of the Center. This position requires the ability to manage a variety of functions including record keeping, budget tracking and reporting, and interpretation of policies and procedures to facilitate and ensure the application of sound business practices. It also requires the ability to communicate effectively with rural school and community partners.
- Maintain knowledge of MCE and Center policies and procedures.
- Interpret guidelines, answer inquiries, and advise others regarding processes, services, and operations.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the Center, including but not limited to the organization and maintenance of key documents, software services, student office allocation, scheduling, equipment tracking, etc.
- Assist the day-to-day operations of the Center, including supporting the Center Director and the Centers Leadership Team, ordering supplies, handling incoming and outgoing correspondence, organizing conference calls and other duties as assigned.
- Independently resolve and/or develop recommendations for issues and problems that may arise, including applicable interpretation of policy and procedures.
- Coordinate and assist with all stages of hiring for the Center, including onboarding, staff orientation, systems access, P-Cards, travel, training, offboarding, etc.
- Liaise with MCE human resources and financial office and assist the Center with matters related to human resources.
- Ensure Center materials are up to date, including handbook, and website.
- Write reports as needed for Center grants and project reports to funders.
- Utilize, reconcile, and organize data from different internal and external systems.
Events Planning and Management
- Assist project staff in all event planning activities (Center trainings, meetings, and events), and coordinate with vendors, contracts, and approvals.
- Order and manage catering and all other purchasing for events.
- Track and coordinate meeting logistics such as attendance, participant stipends, meeting materials, etc.
- As expense delegate, prepare, monitor, and train employees on procurement card and travel reimbursement expenses and reports, ensuring compliance with University policies.
- Prepare and monitor procurement transactions, including but not limited to contracts, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, non-employee reimbursements/travel/honoraria, and subcontract purchase orders.
- Generate invoices when necessary, track and record payments.
- Create and interpret monthly Center grants/projects/funds reports and expense projections.
- Exercise responsibility for administering the various Center budgets.
- Compose yearly financial reports for funders, technical reports, annual reviews, or other Center materials.
- Prepare, track, and submit grant timesheets for Center staff according to grant allocations.
- Create and implement tracking forms and systems to maintain accounting records for Center grant and project budgets and passthrough grants to community partners.
- Ensure the appropriateness of all transactions in accordance with University rules and regulations.
- Serve as resource for staff and/or independently apply knowledge of systems, policies, and procedures to address or resolve problems and issues as needed
- Assist with initiatives across various projects (e.g., ECHO coordination, gathering data for reporting, input of materials into Qualtrics/databases, etc.)
- Attend and contribute to project meetings as needed.
- Be responsive to other duties as assigned that may advance Center priorities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness in work assignments
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to track multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Expertise in Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of basic grant/accounting principles
- Ability to oversee multiple budgets, track progress, anticipate and plan for issues or problems, and initiate action to resolve issues or problems
- Excellent tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Strong ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Excellent work ethic (e.g., maintain confidentiality and be punctual, dependable, honest, and hard-working)
- Bachelor's Degree and three years of related administrative and budget experience. May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing and reporting on budgets and grants.
- Experience with detailed spreadsheets for tracking expenses.
- Experience working in or with rural settings and/or school districts.
- Prior experience working at a higher education institution and knowledge of information systems and financial applications.
- Familiarity with procurement, accounting, and grants reporting and personnel software such as Banner, Data Insights, and Concur systems.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) February 21, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The hourly range for the position is $25.00 - $28.00.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.