Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Power Up Your Business Program position. Launched in 2017, Power Up Your Business is a community and neighborhood-based approach to supporting small business owners and entrepreneurs throughout the City of Philadelphia. The program has grown from core offerings of a Peer-based Learning Experience Program and Storefront and Community Workshops to include innovations supporting early-stage businesses, Power Up Global targeted to business owners in Spanish, Mandarin, Russian and Korean, and Industry Best Practices. The Power Up Your Business Director has responsibility for the overall efficient and effective operations of the entire suite of Power Up programs, as well as provide leadership and strategic direction in creating further entrepreneurship innovations for the Workforce & Economic Innovation Division. The Director plays a vital role in ensuring all program operations are effective for program participants, and that the business services and education services components are tightly coordinated. The Director will ensure that program goals, objectives, and timelines are met while serving as a key liaison with program partners and program participants. A self-starter, the Director will develop, and manage the implementation, oversight, and quality delivery of the small business education programs designed to increase access for targeted priority populations, as well as for neighborhood-based businesses in Philadelphia. Work schedule may vary based on the needs of the academic program and will include evenings and weekends, and other days/times when the College is normally closed.
This is a temporary grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Master's degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Public Administration, Government Affairs, or related field required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Minimum of 3 years professional work experience and demonstrated experience working with, [owning/operating and/or advising] small businesses, start-ups, entrepreneurs in an urban environment, particularly commercial corridor and neighborhood-based businesses, required.
• Program and/or project management experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in understanding functional areas of business operations, including small business finance, and successful small business management required.
• Possess strong collegial and interpersonal skills, and excellent oral, writing, and listening communication skills required.
• Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail, planning, logistics, scheduling, and implementation of programs required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with the neighborhood and commercial corridor-based businesses required.
• Valid driver's license, access to personal transportation, and local travel required.Preferred Qualifications
• Past experience as an instructor, faculty member helping to create and delivery curriculum preferred.
• Familiarity with Philadelphia, its neighborhoods, and business centers, and commercial corridors preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency or advanced skills, including abilities with CRM (Salesforce experience preferred), mapping software, email marketing, social media (twitter, Facebook, etc.), spreadsheet, and word processing programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint or other presentation programs preferred.