Associate Instructional Designer, Distance Learning #495484FTE:
Distance EducationJob Summary/Basic Function:
About This Role:
The Distance Learning Department is inviting applications for the position of Associate Instructional Designer.
Who We Are:
- Support faculty and staff in quality assessment, evaluation mechanisms, threaded discussions, multimedia and other digital resources in new and existing online and hybrid courses.
- Responsible for assisting faculty and staff with new and emerging technology strategies in delivery of synchronous and asynchronous learning activities.
- Play a key role in the course production process, working with faculty, administrators and Blackboard support to ensure course revision and development deadlines are met.
- Under limited supervision, researches, writes and/or edits material consulting with faculty as necessary.
- Troubleshoots problems with desktop/laptop hardware and software issues.
- Provides technical support functions for Blackboard system.
- Participates in training for faculty and other university groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve. Benefits:
A comprehensive benefits package is offered that includes:
· Health, dental & vision insurance
· Life insurance
· State of Texas Retirement plans
· Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
· Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. Minimum Qualifications:
What You’ll Need to SucceedEEO Statement:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated technology skills and ability such as LMS management, online presentation development, graphical layout, digital audio and video, HTML coding and editing.
• Effective communication, collaboration, team-building and project management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize projects and activities.
• Familiarity with common learning management systems.
• Understanding of pedagogical principles of instructional systems.
• Ability to apply existing and emerging educational technologies in online and hybrid courses.
• Understanding of instructional design issues related to teaching and learning.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple and simultaneous tasks.
• Advance technology skills.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience as an instructional designer/trainer in an education or related environment.
- Experience with distance learning programs.
- Experience in the field of higher education.
- Knowledge and experience with e-learning technology.
- Experience providing professional development workshops.
- Knowledge of standards such as Quality Matters Experience with conducting research in the area of emerging instructional design technologies and methodologies, especially related to online education.
- Knowledge of graphic design.
Office 365, Adobe CC, LMS (Blackboard, D2L, Canvas, Moodle), Productivity SoftwareSecurity Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
01/18/2021Open Until Filled: