The Association of College and University Educators’ (ACUE) mission is to ensure student success and equity through quality instruction. In partnership with colleges, universities, higher education systems and associations, ACUE prepares and credentials faculty in the evidence-based teaching practices that improve student achievement and close equity gaps. Numerous and independently validated studies confirm that students are more engaged, learn more, and complete courses in greater numbers—more equitably with their peers—when taught by ACUE-credentialed faculty. ACUE’s online, cohort-based credentialing programs are delivered through institutional partnerships and open enrollment courses endorsed by the American Council on Education.
Reporting to the Director of Brand and Communications, ACUE’s Partnership Marketing Manager is responsible for communicating the impact exceptional teaching has on student outcomes to new and existing institutional partners, while also working with these same partners to identify, organize, and amplify success stories from ACUE’s rapidly growing network in higher ed.
The Partnership Marketing Manager will work closely with ACUE’s sales and partnership success teams to:
Attract new higher ed institutional partners
- Develop B2B content to be used on web, in emails, presentations, and throughout social media
- Assist in developing B2B communications strategy
- Work with strategic partners to build credibility, awareness, and demand from within their communities
Increase total contract value
- Produce & coordinate marketing materials to support ACUE’s sales team that articulate the correlation between investments in effective teaching and student success
- Effectively articulate the benefits and return on investment for ACUE’s partners
Improve the lifetime value of ACUE’s partnerships
- Produce marketing strategies and collateral to support growth efforts at institutional partners
- Work directly with institutional marketing teams to generate on campus awareness and demand among faculty and administrators by supporting their communications campaigns with templatized assets and recommended messaging
- Partner with institutional marketing teams to broadcast faculty engagement and student success stories throughout their campuses and among prospective students
Strengthen ACUE’s reputation through storytelling
- Work with marketing team to develop a content calendar to map out all external communications activities
- Capture and package campus success stories, then amplify across ACUE’s marketing channels
- Work with strategic and media partners to develop campaigns to elevate institutions committed to improving student outcomes via investments in effective teaching
- Work with strategic partners to promote their collaborations and/or investment in ACUE, and associated available benefits to participating institutions and students
- Collaborate with the marketing team to leverage conferences and virtual events with mission-aligned organizations to strengthen the brand reputation
Skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with marketing high quality, but intangible learning experiences
- Be capable of creative, out-of-the-box thinking
- Self-motivated and reliable, with an independent work ethic and entrepreneurial mindset
- Direct experience developing and managing content marketing and media plans
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet critical deadlines
- Have demonstrated ability to gain consensus among multiple stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Comfort working with virtual projects teams
Technical skills required:
- Proficiency in using Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and HootSuite
- Experience with WordPress, and website maintenance and design (HTML, SEO, etc.)
- Experience with Vimeo and basic video editing (for social media posts)
- Experience using Google Analytics Proficiency with Microsoft and Adobe Creative Suites
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in brand communications
- Experience developing B2B assets and campaigns
- Experience in higher education and/or agency environments preferred
- History of working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and operational teams to achieve ambitious outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
A competitive compensation package will be provided commensurate with experience and responsibilities. This full-time position includes salary and benefits. This position is flexible location, but the ability to occasionally travel (10%) is required. We follow CDC guidance and require staff whose roles require travel be fully vaccinated due to the requirements of many of ACUE’s partners.
ACUE is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We believe that having a staff with diverse personal and professional backgrounds and lived experience enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates an environment where all members of our community can thrive. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, women, first generation college graduates, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with lived experience of poverty and/or racism, and people from underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
How to Apply:
Resumes/CVs and a cover letter which expresses your specific interest in and qualifications for this position should be emailed to [email protected]. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please include “Partnership Marketing Manager” in your subject line. Only emailed expressions of interest will be considered.