Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for the latest news, analysis, and services for the higher education community, is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Junior Account Manager. The Junior Account Manager plays a critical role by working with clients to sell and manage integrated media packages - interfacing with clients before, during and after the campaign to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction is met. This person will also assist with qualifying marketing inquiries.
An upbeat and unflappable personality is essential for fostering positive interactions with clients while keeping internal colleagues informed and updated so all campaigns launch on time and achieve campaign goals. A go-getter and problem-solver, who can work collaboratively and independently, will thrive in this role.
- Respond to queries and provide information on our services for inbound sales requests
- Creation of sales proposals and related materials.
- Research and outreach to potential clients
- Provide client reports on campaign performance and where appropriate providing insights to improve performance.
- Interface with clients and internal colleagues to ensure campaigns are executed accurately.
- Achieve monthly revenue targets
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communication, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience working in client service, account management, sales, marketing, communications or a related field
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Basic knowledge of marketing, sales or advertising
- Ability and enthusiasm to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Salesforce
Inside Higher Ed provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a generous slate of benefits including low-cost (to employee) health care coverage, company-paid vision and dental coverage, 401(k) match, unlimited sick leave, 18 days’ paid vacation, and 11 paid holidays. Our modern office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown D.C.; we are currently remote due to the pandemic and once things return to “normal,” employees will enjoy a flexible hybrid schedule.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and dedicated colleagues, apply today with your resume and a cover letter outlining why you'd be a great fit.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor this position. No contract opportunities available.