: Communications and Public RelationsLocations:
: Poughkeepsie, NYPosted:
: Jan 14, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. Recently honored among Campus Pride's Top 8 Community Colleges Leading the Way for LGBTQ Inclusion, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
The Director of Marketing and College Communications is a highly motivated, creative, and experienced individual who oversees the flow of communication and information between the College and its internal and external publics. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Director combines marketing and social media management skills to build and enhance the regional, statewide, and national presence and reputation of Dutchess Community College. As important, they will conduct quality control of internal messaging, communication, and information distribution to ensure consistency in branding.
The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing the College's overall marketing strategy, including web development and a comprehensive social media marketing plan, in concert with the College's overall strategic enrollment plan. The Director also facilitates communication of DCC's brand in positive, authentic ways that will attract the broad cross section of audiences the College seeks to engage. They'll utilize different forms of media to include digital campaign, press releases, print material, social media, audio, and video, etc.
- Leads a creative team of full and part-time staff as well as on-call consultants.
- Coordinates the public relations, institutional communication, and marketing functions of the College, including activities and projects associated with the President's Office, the Board of Trustees, the Dutchess Community College Foundation, the State University of New York, the State of New York, Dutchess County, institutional partners, College stakeholders, and external audiences.
- Serves as official College spokesperson, as designated by the President, and as liaison to the media and the College community, including oversight of crisis communication and maintains 24/7 availability by telephone or email should emergency or other matters with potential media implications occur.
- Writes engaging content for various digital and print platforms and supervises the design, coordination, printing, and distribution of college publications, including the annual President's Report, catalog, non-credit brochure, view book, brochures, fliers, postcards, appropriate student and residence hall materials, and other media.
- Creates and distributes media releases and announcements about college programs, events, activities, honors, accomplishments, and graduation, including the Dutchess Community College Foundation.
- Maps out a comprehensive marketing plan for the College that is driven by market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data to inform planning, strategy and goal setting and includes analysis of key metrics to adjust strategies as needed.
- Provides strategic leadership for the design, creation and management of promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with the College's overall marketing campaign plan and channels.
- Expands the College's social media presence into new social media platforms, and increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Designs and implements media strategies to identify and recruit traditional and non-traditional students and to develop the College's brand awareness and online reputation.
- Creates, curates, and manages relevant, original, high-quality published content for all channels and ads (images, video, written and audio/podcast).
- Obtains market share by developing social media marketing plans for academic and workforce development programs and initiatives.
- Oversees social media accounts' design (i.e., social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Integrates all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print, and digital marketing).
- Advocates for the College in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Creates and manages an online review funnel for building online reviews and reputation. Monitors online reviews and responds to each review in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Develops organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer reviews.
- Identifies threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the College and reports notable threats to appropriate entities.
- Analyzes campaigns and translates anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitors effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of all media campaigns and analyzes, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to improve results.
- Communicates with followers, responds to queries in a timely manner and monitors customer reviews.
- Develops short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and communications program and its activities, monitors progress, assures adherence and evaluates performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The salary range is $80,000.00 to $115,000.00 depending on education level and experience.
DCC offers a competitive benefits package, adding an additional 40% to the successful candidate's base salary. This generous package includes medical, dental and vision, retirement options, paid leave, group life insurance and employee assistance programs.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field. (Master's preferred)
- At least five years' experience working in marketing/public affairs or a related field. Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Proven ability to effectively and creatively communicate information and ideas in text, image, and video formats.
- Excellent writing, editing and language skills with the ability to express the college's image creatively.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, within higher education preferred.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, and social media advertising campaigns. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of "Search and Social."
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.).
- Possesses functional CMS knowledge.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide direct reports and other employees when necessary (i.e., content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Experience and a passion for connecting with audiences across generational and cultural divides using the latest digital technologies, social media trends, as well as more traditional media forms.
Dutchess Community College is an AA/EOE employer. As part of the State University of New York (SUNY), in its continuing effort to seek equity in education and employment, and in support of federal and state anti-discrimination legislation, has adopted a policy to provide an educational and employment environment free from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
To apply visit www.sunydutchess.interviewexchange.com. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.