Business Analyst - Remote
Office of Development, Redwood City, California, United States
Open to 100% Remote This is a fixed-term position (full-time with benefits).Stanford University
is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
As a Business Analyst
, you will be a member of the Stanford University ADAPT(Alumni and Development Applications Platform Transition) Business Office reporting to the Senior Product Manager. You will be responsible for gathering and documenting requirements to build technical solutions to address business challenges; performing data analysis to resolve complex business questions; facilitating discussion and design activities on larger initiatives; and understanding business unit workflows and applying technology solutions in support of those workflows. In addition, you will provide support for application enhancements and integrations, Quality Assurance, production support and change control processes.Your responsibilities will include:
● Using appropriate elicitation techniques to understand and translate business processes to gather and document business, user and systems requirements.
● Bridging complex business problems to solutions by designing technical solutions for usability, end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
● Collaborating with cross-functional teams of business stakeholders, developers, QAs and analysts to recommend and implement solutions.
● Analyzing complex data sets and providing insights to resolve business system issues. May include developing operational and analytical reports for end users.
● Developing UAT test plans and using case documents with focus on requirements; partnering with the testing/QA team to execute the test plans, recording and analyzing the test results.
● Advising users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
● Analyzing new business requirements, assisting with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
● Managing day-to-day operational processes; developing and implementing procedures in response to changing business needs and program design.
● Leading efforts to ensure that information systems support the organizational mission and objectives and coordinating the process of defining, investigating and solving problems related to business systems and special projects.
● Maintaining knowledge of project management and business analysis tools, principals, practices and procedures. Navigating through other processes related to development, testing, change management, etc.
● Ensuring a high level of client satisfaction by monitoring the delivery of ongoing information systems to the organization; establishing key metrics and continually measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of the delivery.
● Building long-term relationships between multiple business partners to driving engagement in ADAPT strategy. Influences business partner decision making to optimize requirements prioritization.Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
● Extensive experience writing requirement documents: use cases, business requirements, functional requirements.
● Ability to analyze complex data sets to identify patterns, relationships and trends.
● Knowledge of quality assurance and user acceptance testing practices with the ability to plan and execute test cases and document results.
● Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams of business stakeholder, technical teams, QAs and analysts.
● Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
● Knowledge of principles and techniques used in systems analysis.
● Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
● Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
● Exceptional client relationship skills, as well as the ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse and distributed organization.Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE).
● Experience with Salesforce (SFDC).
● Experience with SQLs and data queries on relational databases (Oracle).
● Proven ability to learn and work with new applications and systems strongly desired.
● Proven ability to identify, analyze and resolve business problems strongly desired.
● Proven ability to build relationships to achieve results in a consensus driven environment strongly desired.
● Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically strongly desired.
● Proven ability to build, test, implement and maintain business intelligence reports and dashboards.
● Proven ability with process flows (swim lanes) documentation for current state and future state.
● Proven ability to design and document complex business systems.
● Proven ability in writing user stories and acceptance criteria under Agile methodology.
● Project Management knowledge including waterfall and Agile methodologies.
● Solid negotiation, persuasion, and facilitation skills strongly desired.
● Solid experience with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio) strongly desired.
● Knowledge and understanding of University operations, administration and community.
● Experience with University Advancement systems.Certifications and Licenses
● NonePhysical Requirements*
● Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
● Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
● Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
● Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.Working Conditions
● Work extended hours.Work Standards
● Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
● Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
● Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
.Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
● Freedom to grow.
We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
● A caring culture.
We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
● A healthier you.
Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
● Discovery and fun.
Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
● Enviable resources.
Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We are not able to provide relocation for this position.The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2785091
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency