RESEARCH STUDY ASSISTANT, School of Medicine, Dermatology Tracking Code4775Job Description
The laboratory focuses on melanocyte development and melanoma using a molecular biology approach. A research technician is sought to aid the principal investigator and senior trainees with scientific experimentation as well as general laboratory upkeep. Opportunities for future independent projects and publications are available.
Scientific responsibilities may include:
- General molecular biology techniques (protein analysis such as western blot and immunoprecipitation, molecular cloning, gel shift analysis)
- Cell culture
- Histology and immunohistochemistry
- Mouse husbandry, genotyping, and handling
Administrative duties may include:
- Overseeing the management of equipment and supplies,
- Compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives, and mandates.
- Some teaching opportunities of research support personnel and junior students may be available.
Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences is required.
Previous experience with molecular biology and/or animal handling techniques preferred, but the desire to learn new skills is most important.
Requirements for application: Applicants need to be available for an in-person interview. In addition, three documents 1) a CV, 2) a short statement outlining the interest in this position and future career goals, and 3) contact information for at least three references.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular