Job location: BYU–Hawaii Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board
.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Advocates with school administration for student concerns and generate activities or programs that enhance student experience on campus. The purpose of this position is to embrace all new students through the spirit of Aloha by providing uplifting, wholesome, intellectual, and spiritual experiences as they transition into their new academic environment.
- Interact with constituents to learn about concerns or questions that merit investigation or resolution
- Sponsor activities and programs designed to meet student needs
- Confer with University management to call attention to issues that required an institutional response
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Receives direction from New Student Orientation (NSO) Manager for responsibilities pertaining to stewardship.
- Plans, coordinates, and collaborates NSO events with NSO Manager, campus departments and off campus entities.
- Creates and submits NSO event floor plans, facility request orders, and event agendas for events under stewardship.
- Works efficiently on project assignments and calendar deadlines.
- Coordinates program execution with student volunteers and ensures their team members are accounted for to assist in their events.
- Maintains accountability for stewardship of event budgets. Updates expense spreadsheets to account budget expenses and submits it to NSO Manager during weekly stewardship reports.
- Meets with NSO Manager weekly to give a performance progress report of individual responsibilities.
- Takes leadership role in recruiting, selecting, and training student volunteers.
- Maintains organized NSO records and files for all events.
- Complete selected training modules.
- Fulfills a University Employee Performance Evaluation report with NSO Manager each semester.
- Coordinates all advertising/marketing with department media team for NSO events pertaining to stewardship.
- Required to occasionally fulfill long evening hours which may end late at night during the week and some weekends.
- Applicant must be a responsible driver who is University certified and has a current drivers license.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by NSO Manager or NSO Coordinator
Lower Division Courses Completed
3 Months General Work Experience
Typical office environment