Job no: 520000
Work type: Multi-Track Faculty
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession
Department:29141001 - MD-SURGERY-BURN/WOUND CLINIC
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY
DIVISION OF ACUTE CARE SURGERY - Burn
The Department of Surgery at the University of Florida is recruiting a full time tenure or non-tenure track burn surgeon to join the Division of Acute Care Surgery. Fellowship training in burn surgery and surgical critical care is required. The academic rank and track will be based upon the career stage and development of the candidate. Shared duties with the other burn surgeons include coverage of the inpatient burn service, burn operating room, outpatient burn clinic, and burn outpatient reconstruction program as well as provision of critical care medicine in the Burn & Soft Tissue ICU. The candidate will participate in the trauma and acute care surgery call schedule with the other 12 full-time faculty members in the Division of Acute Care Surgery. This new physician will join a group of Acute Care surgeons with a reputation of excellence in patient care and an established track-record of federal and industry funded research. The Division has a long-standing commitment to both Resident and Fellow education and the new surgeon will be involved in this effort. In addition, applicants will be provided dedicated time to pursue academic interests.
Based on education and experience
This position requires an MD degree; board certification or eligibility in general surgery; fellowship training in burn surgery; fellowship training in surgical critical care.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- All Applicants must apply at: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/listing/ .
- Letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation and/or references required with submission of application.
- Background Check Required.
- Final candidates will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
- The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
- This position was originally posted under requisition #76979. All previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Advertised: 13 Jan 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled