PG191336EPInternal Recruitment :
System AdministratorAnticipated Hiring Range:
$80,000 - $100,000 (Commensurate with experience)Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with potential for flexibility, occasional work outside of business hours and participation in 24x7 on call rotationJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Shared ServicesAbout the Department:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides a broad range of IT services for all NC State University students, faculty, and staff. The Application Infrastructure Services (AIS) team, in the OIT Shared Services department, provides middleware infrastructure and application services on Unix and Windows platforms. The AIS team provides in-depth technical expertise for the ERP application, batch and web services, along with associated infrastructure components, critical to the availability of MyPack Portal, Financials, HR, Student Information Systems, document imaging, reporting tools and many other campus applications. The AIS team also supports the build and deployment activities of other technical teams in the areas of application administration and development.Essential Job Duties:
This position is a member of the Application Infrastructure Services (AIS) team. The AIS team is primarily responsible for providing application infrastructure in support of the University’s enterprise applications. Additional duties include resolving technical issues, supporting application development efforts, and participating in planning and project management of application implementations, upgrades and regulatory compliance initiatives at the University. This position uses programming and scripting languages, automation, configuration management and version control tools to provide process automation, needed functionality and increased system availability within the software infrastructure.Other Responsibilities:
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Install, upgrade and manage application infrastructure solutions and integration technologies that support University centralized IT services such as MyPack Portal, SIS, Human Resources and Financials applications.
- Provide process automation, needed functionality and increased system availability within the software infrastructure using scripting languages and automation tools such as PowerShell, Python, Puppet and Jenkins.
- Provide technical expertise required to support application development projects, implementations and upgrades such as Wolf Reports, Sage, Stat, SAS and Visual Analytics.
- Implement and maintain appropriate security controls required for regulatory compliance such as PCI-DSS.
- Address moderately complex technical and operational issues, participate in an on call rotation, and work extended hours and weekends as necessary in support of the middleware infrastructure and applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Must be an experienced Linux and/or Windows Server system administrator able to independently troubleshoot and resolve routine and non-routine issues at the OS and application level.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PowerShell, Python or similar scripting language.
- Experience with web server and application server administration, automated systems management tools and virtualization technologies.
- Must be capable of quickly learning new tools and processes, detail oriented, and possess strong interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Experienced Linux and Windows Server system administrator with knowledge of current server and infrastructure best practices, and at least 5 years technical experience in a mid to large enterprise computing environment.
- Experience with VMware, Docker, Puppet, SCCM, Ansible, Jenkins or other similar tools for automation, administration, management, configuration and deployment of enterprise computing environments.
- Experience supporting software development teams and tools used to build and maintain enterprise applications, such as version control and IDEs.
- As we routinely solve complex IT problems, having experience with areas such as application development, storage and networking.
- Experience with SAS EBI and Visual Analytics platform, Oracle PeopleSoft, or other ERP software administration, in a university setting.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
11/08/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This is a reposting. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
517101 - Shared ServicesAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.