Business & Tech Application TechAnticipated Hiring Range:
$46,000 - $50,000Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.Job Location:
Raleigh, North CarolinaDepartment:
Urban Affairs & Community ServAbout the Department:
Founded in 1966, the Center for Urban Affairs and Community Services (CUACS) extends the educational research capabilities of North Carolina State University (NCSU) to governmental and community agencies. The Center operates under a mandate to provide research and technical assistance to state and local government as well as to the faculty and staff of NCSU.
As part of the Center’s work with state government, a new program Technical Outreach to Public Schools (TOPS) was established to support functions critical to public education K-12. NCSU will collaborate in areas of mutual interest with the North Carolina Dept. of Public Instruction (NCDPI) to support public schools on educational areas of high priority. Specifically, NCSU will work with NCDPI in applying research and development skills to major educational and technological issues and by providing product and quality control support to the measurement of educational performance in the state’s 115 local school systems. TOPS will:
- Provide research, technical, and training assistance in carrying out assessments on a statewide basis;
- Develop tests and provide support for technological improvements for data-driven decision-making;
- Conduct needs assessment and research studies in priority areas of mutual interest.
These work activities are highly sensitive and confidential and are technically complex.Essential Job Duties:
The Business and Tec Application Tech responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide web application development and scripting work, debugging, and extensions to large scale web applications. Work includes expert technical operation support (help desk), web and database server management, process automation, application management, testing with a variety of client equipment and browsers and online data collection formats, and training to program staff and clients.
- Produce detailed documentation on system designs and operations. Some visual design and work with rich media delivery is required.
- Use and management of computer applications including relational database management systems and application management.
- Plan, organize, schedule and produce products within tight timelines.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Programming; or Bachelor’s Degree with nine credit hours in programming; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Other Required Qualifications:
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Must have knowledge and skill programming with PHP, HTML and CSS.
- Experience working with Moodle software.
- Related professional work experience.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of computer systems and peripherals.
Required License or Certification:
- Graduation from a two-year college with a AA or AS degree.
- Training and experience in programming and information systems management or related curriculum.
- One year of experience in use of PHP, HTML and CSS.
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule work for tight deadlines.
- Must be able communicate effectively orally and in writing including producing reports.
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
01/14/2022Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
Please make sure the work history listed on your application matches the work history provided on your resume.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Business & Technology Applications TechnicianPosition Classification Band Level:
ContributingPosition Classification Salary Range:
$37,230 - $94,753Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
YesTime-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable):
6 monthIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
094001 - Urban Affairs & Community ServAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.