PG191313EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Network Administrator IIAnticipated Hiring Range:
$70,000 - $75,000Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm with weekend on-call responsibilitiesJob Location:
Raleigh, North CarolinaDepartment :
Communication TechnologiesAbout the Department:
The mission of Communication Technologies is to provide premier communication services to the entire NC State University community. The department provides communication services such as data, telephony, cable TV, video, and converged services such as IP Telephony and IP Video to over 34,000 students and approximately 8,000 faculty and staff. Supporting this continuously growing academic population is a distributed enterprise data network that provides over 75,000 network access ports with connectivity to the Internet and Internet2, 12,000 phone lines, and 4,000 cable television outlets. Communication Technologies (ComTech) is viewed as the telephony, cable television, and network service provider for the NC State University community and is responsible for designing, maintaining, and supporting the campus voice, video, and data network infrastructures and all associated components.Essential Job Duties:
This position will be part of our Network Operations Center (NOC) team that is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting and support of the campus
network and all components. This includes, VPN, wireless, DDI, and general support of the routing/switching infrastructure. This position will also include support of the wired infrastructure of the Campus network, including patching and network cabling.
This position also includes the following responsibilities:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the converged data and telephony network as a member of the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Troubleshoot and resolve network faults that present through the Incident Management System, Network Alarms, or incoming calls reported by customers. Additionally, required to perform Change Management as it relates to planned outages or emergency changes to the network.
- Execute Site Dispatches when needed to troubleshoot hardware failures/replace faulty equipment in the campus telecomm rooms.
- Utilize the varied toolsets (Fusion, EPIC, SPLUNK, NetDisco, IPAM Management via Infoblox) to manage, configure, and maintain network stability.
- Support on-going Campus Network Projects that require the installation of switched/routed hardware and cabling.
- Installation, configuration, and ensuring the connectivity of routers, switches, and peripherals in support of the Campus Network and required projects.
May be required to drive University vehicles for dispatch purposes across campus. Must have valid driver’s license to operate fleet vehicles.Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree with 1-2 years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience. Other Required Qualifications:
The applicant we are seeking will have intermediate to some advanced skills in the following areas, but not limited to: networking principles including LAN, Wireless, VLANS, subnetting, IP Addressing, TCP/IP, IP Routing, OSI model, and a strong troubleshooting methodology.Preferred Qualifications:
The applicant must also demonstrate excellent customer service skills and written communication skills.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Experience with ticketing systems and incident resolution in particular ServiceNow, IPAM Management through InfoBlox or other related tool or knowledge.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex network faults utilizing Cisco switches and routers, and Aruba Wireless Controllers and Access Points.
- Experience in utilizing the following tools: Voyance, Infoblox, ServiceNow, in support of an enterprise class network.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco LAN Hardware, including but not limited to 3560, 3650, 4500, 6500, 9300 platforms.
- Configure, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Aruba 7200 Series Controllers – 7240xm and 7205
- Configure, install, and maintain Aruba Access Point appliances – Aruba 100, 200, 300, 500 series AP’s – 134, 175, 224, 315, 344, 365, 510, 515
- Experience utilizing tools such as Fluke/Netgear or other wireless tools to determine coverage gaps and track down rogue devices.
- Cisco Certified Network certifications (CCNA, CCNP)
- Wireless certifications (CWT, CWNA, CWNP)
A valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained.Valid NC Driver's License required:
YesCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
10/29/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
516001 - Communication TechnologiesAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.