At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded, and hard-working professionals to work in a real-world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Financial Systems & Processes, the Sr. Business Analyst, is responsible for assisting with the university's strategic efforts to maintain effective and efficient business processes. In coordination with functional leaders throughout the Executive Vice President's Office, Financial Affairs, Information Systems, and the rest of the university, the Sr. Analyst will ensure business processes both within our ERP and in general are developing as effectively as possible. This position will have a focus on reporting related efficiencies and processes.
This position is responsible for assisting with the design and implementation of business processes that maintain adequate controls, and are compliant with relevant university policies and procedures. The Sr. Analyst, under guidance from the Sr. Manager, will work with stakeholders throughout the university to identify weaknesses, develop existing processes and ensure utilization and effectiveness of our financial systems and reporting. New processes will also be developed to maintain compliance and provide additional value and service to end users in functional areas and throughout the university.
The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for internal consulting, research, solution and report development, system maintenance, quarterly update management, and change implementation strategy.
This is hybrid position that will primarily be remote, with some in office presence required as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Review business processes to identify weaknesses and work closely with functional leads in relevant areas to identify solutions that allow end users to better leverage the university's ERP
- Collect suggestions and feedback.
- Focus on value add activities to systematize manual processes, while documenting and maintaining efficient and effective internal controls (working closely with Internal Audit & Compliance).
- Ensure the university is maximizing utilization and effectiveness of Oracle Cloud and related reporting tools
- Conduct periodic reviews of business processes with functional areas.
- Effectively research, implement, coordinate and participate in Quarterly Oracle ERP system updates. This includes understanding all aspects of required and optional changes, understanding the product road map, and ensuring functional areas are testing and understanding functionality
- Updates with a wider impact may also require communication and change management to the university community.
- Consult with functional areas throughout Financial Affairs to enhance existing reporting, as well as developing new reporting
- Provide general system maintenance and oversight to ensure all aspects of the new system are functional, including hierarchies, chart of accounts, cross-validation rules, allocation rules, the budget set up, report tables, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Strong analytic and financial skills, including knowledge of business processes and workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in financial operations or a closely related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience relating to business process redesign, or process optimization.
- Experience using ERP systems.
Preferred Requirements Managerial Responsibilities
- Responsible for a staff of 0-1 full time employees, works on a team of 4. Ensures all employees are appropriately trained, receive professional development opportunities and are properly managed.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Responsible for assisting with the development of processes that are complicit with university policies and compliance guidelines.
- Ensure system updates are tested and utilized to maintain the integrity of ERP and associated financial controls.
- Develops and implements KPIs and general metrics to observe activity, identify inefficiencies, and propose solutions.
- Coordinate with department functional leads to maximize process efficiencies and system utilization. Contacts - This position provides guidance on policies and procedures to individuals throughout the university, at executive and nonexecutive levels.
- Information - This position requires access to information that is considered confidential. This may include employee, student, or university information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate with clarity, tact, and courtesy, and demonstrate judgment and discretion in the sharing of sensitive information; •Resourceful, flexible, and able to anticipate and resolve problems effectively, with a capacity for understanding the relationship of specific tasks to the broader operations and administrative functions; • Experience with identification, documentation, and assessment of risks and controls in financial and operational processes; • Highly organized and detail-oriented in order to track, manage, and resolve multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner; • Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of constituents at a variety of levels throughout the University, and the ability to work independently as well as manage others; • Advanced spreadsheet, database and word processing skills, including understanding of relational databases
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
Salary & Benefits Package:
- As a salaried and degreed professional, evening or weekend work may be necessary when deadlines or projects need to be completed.
- A criminal background check is required.
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages: Full-Time BenefitsPart-Time Benefits Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check. Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a medical or religious exemption, please email [email protected]
. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. At DePaul University, the Title IX Coordinator is Kathryn Statz. Her office is located in Lincoln Park on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. She can be reached at 312-362-8970, or [email protected] DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.