At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded, and hard-working professionals to work in a real-world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
THIS JOB IS 100% REMOTE
The Applications Developer/Analyst (Associate Level) works with the University’s enterprise application environments and associated custom web applications, and assists in maintaining other third-party applications. Under direct supervision, conducts enterprise application development including processes and procedures associated with the technology life cycle (plan, design, build, test, deploy, support), applies technical, functional, and business knowledge to the customization of software solutions that
provide seamless integration for client/server or web-based applications.
Responsibilities & Duties
Education & Experience
- Code solutions to problems using a structured approach keeping in mind long-term maintainability and accessibility.
- Test coded solutions properly against customer acceptance criteria to ensure a quality application.
- Learn business processes/functions in order to effectively research cause, troubleshoot, and resolve production issues across all PeopleSoft modules.
- Document consistently and accurately on all application projects. All documentation (new development and maintenance) should be complete, understandable, and accessible.
- Learn business processes/functions in order to effectively participate in analysis, design, implementation, and support of project work, tickets, and work orders.
- Improve knowledge in new technologies in order to use them in approved projects.
- Participate as a team member following existing university and/or divisional processes and procedures.
- Maintain open communication with customers, team members, and project leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field of study OR equivalent work experience.
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills.
- Able to translate user requirements of simple to medium complexity into efficient and effective technology solutions.
- Requires some communication and collaboration with business partners.
- Within a broad framework, assists the intermediate and senior developers with moderately complex solutions.
- Functional knowledge of customers' business processes is beneficial.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Basic experience with Oracle/Peoplesoft and/or Microsoft development environments.
- Basic knowledge of operating and development environments.
- Basic knowledge of various development tools and programming languages including SQL, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Visual Basic, ASP, HTML, Java. .Net, AJAX, Oracle, SQL Server, XML, XSLT, CSS and web services.
- Basic knowledge in various development methodologies including coding techniques, life cycle phases, client/server, distributed applications design and development, internet applications design and development
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter. Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages: Full-Time Benefits Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a medical or religious exemption, please email [email protected].
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting ActTitle IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or [email protected] DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.