Posted: December 23, 2021 CSCU 10 Day Internal Posted: January 12, 2022; reposted 5/5/22
Level: Administrator III (SUOAF)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Job Posting: BOR 21-32
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on Friday, May 27, 2022
Hartford area (location may vary)
Anticipated Start Date:
Responsible for performing and assisting in a wide variety of accounting and financial responsibilities including but not limited to purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounting, fixed asset/inventory, logistical and administrative activities
A Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting other business related field
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- A minimum of one year experience in accounting or a fiscal or business office is required.
- Must possess knowledge of excel and financial report writing.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full duties and responsibilities that is stated within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
Example of Job Duties:
- Processes daily receipts, handles inquiries and maintains recordkeeping system.
- Codes CSCU nonpayroll bank deposits and billings.
- Maintains check writing operations for CSCU System Office and institutions.
- Generates daily system-wide Transfer Invoices (Tl's) for distribution to the CSCU instit1,1tions.
- Helps coordinate the Accounts Receivable portion of the state In-Service training program.
- Assists with Accounts Receivable billing tasks for the System Office.
- Assists Finance Department with System Office fixed asset system and physical inventory.
- Acts as a general resource person for general finance inquiries and maintains finance log for all incoming finance support requests.
- Compiles data from external agencies to create individual files for quarterly Worker's Compensation report and Veterans Affairs Chapter 33 wires report.
- Creates and maintains various financial reports and files for distribution to the System Office and CSCU institutions.
- Assists and supports the Finance Department in fiscal year~end financial closing and related preparation.
- Assists in financial projects and provides support for accounting and finance support areas.
- May assist in coordinating training on financial systems and processes and supporting the training function.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities which do not alter the basic level of the position
$58,422-$96,471 approximate annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Prior to extending an offer of employment, the finalists for state employment must prove that they (1 )are fully vaccinated against COVID-19; (2) have received the first dose and has either received a second dose or has an appointment for the second dose in a two-dose series vaccination, such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or has received a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine; or (3) have applied for an exemption from this requirement because a physician, physician’s assistant, or advanced practice registered nurse has determined that the administration of COVID-19 vaccine is likely to be detrimental to their health, or the finalist objects to vaccination on the basis of a sincerely held religious or spiritual belief. Each application for an exemption will be considered on an individualized, case-by-case basis, and any applicant for an exemption must provide appropriate supporting documentation if requested. Executive Order
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion [email protected]
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F