Theatre Research Assistants 2021-2022 (FWS)Student Position Type:
Federal Work StudyAppointment Type:
Monday – Friday. Work hours are flexible. Professor can work with your on-campus and remote schedules.Hiring Manager:
Alma MartinezNumber of Vacancies:
5Job Description Summary:
Seeking student to assist Theatre Arts Department Professor. Duties include research, general office, community outreach, theatre production assistance. Seeking someone who is self-motivated, creative, can meet deadlines, is confident of their opinions, can express them and, can contribute to a department that thrives on imagination and innovation. Spanish is a plus but not required.Specific Duties:
* Research Minimum Qualifications:
* Community outreach – emails, letters, phone
* Public Relations – help publicize plays, events, etc.
* Assist with department theatrical productions
* Knowledge off Microsoft Word Preferred Qualifications:
* Knowledge of Excel a plus
* Able to conduct research
* Good phone etiquette
* Able to meet deadlines
* Ability to express ideas and opinions confidently
* Flexible working schedule
* Spanish speaker a plus but not required.Benefits Summary:
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
20190995SESpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Seeking 5 Federal Work Study eligible students.Open Date:
06/30/2024Open Until Filled: