IT Business Analyst 3
Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States
Stanford University is one of Silicon Valley's largest employers - and one of the most unique. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, extraordinary research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and exciting place to work. At Stanford University, not only are you part of an exceptional team that values innovation and education, but you also become part of a culture that brings out the best in you. Stanford is committed to fostering a workplace culture that promotes diversity, collaboration and professional growth. Our culture offers career development programs, tuition reimbursements, superb retirement and healthcare plans, family care resources and other benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives.This Opportunity
The IT Business Analyst is a key member of the University IT (UIT) Revenue Operations Team, and is responsible for ensuring accurate client billing/chargeback for the UIT Service Centers and sets technical standards and best practices for business systems and processes. The position identifies gaps in current business processes and drives process improvements and technical solutions that lead to efficient and accurate order processing, fulfillment, and billing. The position participates in monthly billing cycle operational duties, analyzes trends, and serves as a liaison to business partners and internal technical teams for system related matters. The position regularly collaborates with Technical Teams, Service Owners, Service Managers, and the Finance Team. The position bridges business needs with technical solutions across different platforms to address business challenges, taking a leadership role in identifying and implementing change, championing new revenue management methods, and simplifying processes and reporting to meet client needs.
As a member of the team, you will also serve as an authority on core business applications and facilitate requirements and design activities on larger initiatives; understand business unit workflows and apply technology solutions in support of those workflows, aligning technology solutions with business processes; provide support for application enhancements, application integrations, quality assurance and production support. Included in the technology portfolio are Oracle, ServiceNow, Incorta, Tableau and other custom applications.Primary Responsibilities
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Perform monthly duties to ensure operational excellence and in support of business needs.
- Analyze, assess, design, implement, and continuously improve systems and processes to achieve greater efficiencies and improve internal controls.
- Lead the elicitation and gathering of business and system requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform testing and analyze results.
- Lead efforts to ensure that systems support the organizational mission and objectives and coordinate the process of defining, investigating and solving problems related to business systems and special projects.
- Manage, from a client business perspective, the requirements for related systems projects; ensure a high level of client satisfaction by monitoring the delivery of ongoing information systems to the organization.
- Lead and support unit and organization strategy and change management initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate projects to assist business owners in evaluating the potential for automating existing or proposed work functions or processes and assess the feasibility of creating or modifying systems to meet user requirements.
- Analyze new business requirements, system functionality, current system use and user needs; specify functional designs and collaborate with developers and analysts to implement.
- Develop system/functional design for new or revised business systems; document and analyze input/output requirements, procedural flow between departments, operational audits and organizational structures.
- Design and deliver training on existing and new business processes/systems.
- May plan, direct, coordinate, supervise and review the work of others during all phases of the project team's work and coordinate the planning, development and presentation of training for users of business systems.
- Manage relationships and liaise with external vendors, clients, or partners in support of business.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex business process/technical problems.
Working Conditions and Standards
- Bachelor's degree and eight years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff, and management.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
- Current knowledge of constantly evolving computer technology.
- Extensive experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Proficiency with relevant computer software including Google, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to design and document complex business processes and systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically; ability to execute quickly, efficiently, and with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Skill in project management and facilitating group meetings.
- Exhibit resilience, problem-solving solutions and results-driven capabilities.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Incorta, Tableau, and Structured Query Language (SQL) is a plus
- May work extended hours, evening, and weekends.
- Employees of Stanford University are subject to all COVID-19 requirements for Stanford employees, which includes being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 pursuant to our vaccination policy.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively, professionally, and with attention to detail, and with a solid focus on client service.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
We're located in Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus is open and brings together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center. As part of our telecommute options, we have Stanford locations in San Francisco, Newark, and San Jose and a supportive work-anywhere program for our Bay Area staff.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2781083
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency