Office of University Communications, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford's campus is home to world-class research, innovative thinkers, and a thriving humanities and arts community. It is a rich and vibrant canvas, ripe for visual storytelling. University Communications is seeking a Creative Producer to help share those stories. University Communications provides support and campus leadership in planning, coordination and implementation of strategic communications programs that support Stanford University and its mission. Our award-winning team is deeply engaged with the campus community, covering scientific breakthroughs, global policy leaders, student life, and more. The opportunities for captivating visual narratives never run dry.
As Creative Producer, you will work closely with the University Communications team of writers, photographers, and videographers to produce and distribute compelling visual media. Working both individually and as a team, you will use video, photos, and other web-based tools to document life at Stanford. From ideation to production, you will be actively encouraged to find new and creative solutions to communicate Stanford's ever-expanding story. Collaborating with constitutes across campus, you will produce a wide range of visual deliverables. Your projects will be highly trafficked on Stanford's websites and social media channels with additional contributions to nationally televised broadcast productions.
Past content includes a student-built, autonomous, drifting DeLorean, groundbreaking whale-tagging advancements, and behind-the-scenes access to a Rodin sculpture installation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative mind looking to tell the next great story.
All applicants should include a link to a portfolio of their best and most creative work with their resume or cover letter. This is a hybrid role that will balance on-site media creation responsibilities with the ability to work from home on tasks that do not require being in office (e.g., video editing). We expect on-site work to be approximately three days per week.
Example projects from University Communications: https://bit.ly/2Ik8lJOResponsibilities
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- Pitch, research, prepare, and produce professional quality digital media for both internal and external audiences. Create original content through high-impact visual storytelling.
- Manage all aspects of capturing, recording, and transmitting of all digital media productions, video and still images.
- Produce high-quality post-production and editing to ensure a quality product and an accurate depiction of content.
- Collaborate with the University Communications team and university partners on strategic and creative approaches to projects involving abstract or technical content to meet objectives within time and cost constraints.
- Operate and maintain a variety of equipment including but not limited to; video cameras, still photography, lighting equipment, audio recording, and media storage.
- Create compelling social media content tailored to individual platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field, and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced technical experience using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software, and/or digital media control software.
- Strong knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery, and other production formats.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of professional quality productions including field and studio camera, lighting, sound, and editing.
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Ability to write metadata and catalog media in digital databases.
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous projects within tight deadlines, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgement, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broader audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- May require experience planning, coordinating, and executing archival digitization projects.
- Experience with motion graphics and/or animation.
- Strong photography background.
- FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, and the opportunity to audit courses. At Stanford, you can join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2781075
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency