Team Lead, Advance Information Systems (AIS)
University of California, Santa Barbara
Brief Summary of Job Duties
Reports to the Sr. Dir. of Advancement Services & Technology and is accountable to provide technical leadership, Advancement systems expertise and management of complex Institutional Advancement (IA) data systems. Support/develop/improve Advancement business processes to ensure effective knowledge management and business intelligence. Evaluates/documents business requirements maintaining a thorough understanding of Advancement relevant business functions. Implements/upgrades/maintains Ellucian's Advance Web/CRM and tracking related system outcomes in terms of quality accuracy and timeliness. Responsible for strategic planning/application development/systems design/technical report requirements gathering/data analysis/web system management/database administration & management/user training/help desk management/user support & oversight of the Advancement database multi-server environment. Serves as lead technical contact with Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) in support/collaboration of server, network & desktop support initiatives & upgrades. Advancement systems are accessed 24/7 by 200+ IA staff and by staff in campus-wide departments. UCSB's Advance System (Advance) is the campus' comprehensive relational database that supports & documents all fundraising activity serving as the DB of record for alumni and all gifts to UCSB and as official gift reporting to UCOP. Advance contains over 500,000+ records with each record occupying potentially 3,000+ data elements for alumni, donors, prospects, friends, businesses, corporations and foundations. DB applications include Advance, Advance Web, Prospect Management and Tracking, Membership Dues/Tracking, Events Management, Annual Fund calling system (currently RNL Engage), alumni engagement/networking system (currently Graduway) and various other related system interfaces. Explores/evaluates/recommends/implements new and emerging technologies to sustain state-of-the-art data collection to support ongoing campus-wide fundraising goals. Serves as lead programmer and project manager providing appropriate leadership to meet project deadlines. Provides technical leadership for new initiatives & system upgrades supporting all IA's technologies encompassing cloud based, virtual server and web-based software. Works collaboratively with technical and non-technical staff at all levels to understand and meet business needs. Creates/evaluates/recommends/implement system and DB management policies & procedures in alignment with business rules & needs. Builds/manages/oversees ongoing comprehensive training program encompassing all segments of Advance (Biographic, Prospect Management Membership & Gift). Serves as the expert in all area of the Advance database functionality, providing recommendations on implementing new data initiatives in collaboration with technical team and end-users. Participates in technical departmental/divisional planning/systems decision making, in addition to providing application & systems user training & technical expertise to IA directors, campus departments & area managers to determine systems needs/appropriate data solutions in support of divisional outreach and fundraising goals. Represents UCSB on UCOP's Data Manager workgroup. UC Data Managers includes Advancement Directors, technical managers, UCOP representatives & gift managers from the other nine UC Advancement Offices to provide technical information & expertise for developing system-wide initiatives, policies & procedures. Attends/participates in technical leadership meetings provided by central Enterprise Technology Services. Serves as the leading technical representative of IA's computing environment for campus initiatives & meetings including forums, town halls, trainings as well as smaller IT focus groups and committees.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five or more years of progressively responsible technical management experience in university advancement or development management and/or equivalent combination of experience and education. Skills set must be specific to advancement data and systems integration, gift reporting and analysis, data security, prospect data management and advancement services.
• Technical leadership providing an enterprise CRM fundraising software system infrastructure support (network, desktop computers, server virtualization, identity management, security, data integration and business intelligence) in a high availability production and test environment.
• Proven technical experience in implementing, upgrading, patching and maintaining support for enterprise CRM fundraising software systems and multiple related third-party integrated systems.
• Demonstrated ability providing technical leadership and direction to a diverse collaborative technical team supporting current fundraising methodologies and goals.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams through complex system implementation, projects and initiatives while managing change, meeting timeline schedules and budget objectives.
• Excellent customer service experience, solving skills and best practices for a diverse fundraising focused customer base.
• Strong communication skills, detail oriented, ability to work independently and make sound decision providing strategic direction.
• Ability to maintain working relationships and collaboration with multiple third party vendors.
• Proven experience in the technical management, upgrade and/or implementation such as Ellucian’s Advance Web/CRM Advancement enterprise system or other related enterprise fundraising system.
• Proven efficiency in Oracle relational database systems management including performance, tuning, backup and recovery.
• Working programming knowledge using Oracle PL-SQL, ASP.net, Visual Basic, strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency using security related tools, techniques and best practices for the appropriate protection of enterprise advancement fundraising data.
• Strong knowledge of CASE and NACUBO gift reporting standards and requirements. Familiarity and experience with basic non-profit gift policies as they relate to various charitable donation types.
• Experience with management and implementation of technical integration with credit card processing platforms (Authorize.net and Bluefin) following PCI compliance regulations.
• Ability to serve as a member of the senior staff and maintain close working relationships in support of fundraising initiatives a plus.
Special Conditions of Employment
• Satisfactory conviction history background check.
• Ability and willingness to work some weekends and evenings in order to meet deadlines.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Job # 28123