Compensation:$49,409.85In Review:Mar 7, 2022Openings:1PeopleSoft ID:2960 Formal review of applications begins: Mar 6, 2022Department:Marketing & Strategic CommunicationLocation:EpiCenterPosition Summary:
Search Engine Marketing Manager to manage the in-house paid search program, and assist with the marketing automation, landing page and marketing email development for St. Petersburg College, reporting to the Assistant Interactive Director for the Marketing and Strategic Communications Department. The ideal candidate will manage relationships with search engine vendors, expand campaigns to drive incremental revenue, and manage a budget to specific financial and key performance metrics. The SEM Manager must have strong critical thinking and creative capabilities, the desire and ability to become a world class search marketer, and be comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a rapidly changing environment.
Position-specific job summary:
- A full understanding of all core Paid Search Marketing skills (campaign creation, ad development, landing page selection, bid management etc.) and associated tool sets
- Extremely organized and deadline driven
- Comfortable playing execution roles, as well as driving strategy
- Ability to develop, explain, and execute complex Paid Search strategies
- Strong grasp of Google Analytics and other web analytics platforms (i.e. Omniture)
- Ability to analyze reports and communicate findings
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (traffic, conversion, ROI) on the overall goals of the college
- Advanced understanding of Excel
- Strong written and editorial skills
- Experience in ad copy, keyword and landing page optimization and testing
- SEO experience a plus
This is the second of two levels in the Graphic Design series. Incumbents plan and coordinate graphic design services for the College. Responsibilities may include assigning and supervising design work done by the lower level; establishing standards and processes for graphic design work; defining customer needs; approving graphic designs for College use; and performing the duties of the lower level. Incumbents supervise the lower level.
Bachelors Degree required; Masters preferred.
Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Paid Search Marketing with an agency or as an in-house specialist, preferably within the higher education sector.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Strong grasp of Google Analytics and other web analytics platforms (i.e. Omniture);
- A full understanding of all core Paid Search Marketing skills (campaign creation, ad development, landing page selection, bid management etc.) and associated tool sets;
- Thorough understanding of art direction with an extreme eye for detail.
- Graphic design techniques and principles;
- Marketing principles and practices;
- Project management principles;
- Proper use of the English language;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Contract negotiation techniques;
- Photography principles;
- Customer service principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Experience using Google AdWords, Yahoo Marketing Solutions and MS AdCenter, as well as Facebook paid and remarketing, and other social platforms
- Experience building high converting landing pages and email campaigns thought marketing automation strategy development
- Experience using various web analytics applications
- Google Ad-Words certification a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Track record of high achievement in opportunities requiring critical thinking, analytical skills, and creative problem resolution
- Ability to understand and optimize key marketing metrics
- Cross-team negotiation skills and superior communications skills
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Developing and implementing marketing plans;
- Coordinating, prioritizing, organizing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects;
- Managing and coordinating the preparation and publication of a variety of marketing, promotional, and/or communication materials;
- Preparing clear and concise marketing materials;
- Designing promotional layouts and graphics;
- Maintaining operational records;
- Providing customer service;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
Develops and implements marketing plans; develops a variety of marketing materials to promote programs and services; and establishes standards and processes for graphic design work.
Determines layout for advertisements and promotional materials, which includes creating designs and concepts, determining size and arrangement of text and illustrative material, and proofreading and editing materials as necessary.
Communicates and confers with clients and vendors regarding promotional needs and promotional instructions.
Maintains a variety of marketing materials, promotional items, communication materials, website themes, and/or other applicable items and records.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.