CNC Faculty, Part-Time, Non-Credit (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
The Corporate Solutions Department at the Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to increase its pool of technical skills Instructors. The qualified candidate will be a skilled practitioner in Precision Machining (Computer Numeric Controls), capable of instructing students in foundational aspects of CNC operation: Reading Blueprints, identifying hand-tools, measurements, metal composition and use of reference charts. Specific Responsibilities:
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu of high quality continuing education and career-training programs brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions delivers programming through the following business lines: Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training, Corporate College, Small Business Training – Center for Small Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate’s degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
Classes will be held during the week between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00pm. Some evening classes may occur.
*Application materials will be kept on file until 12/31/2022.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values. Minimum Qualifications:
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus. Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocates for their learning and well-being.
• Qualified candidate should have a high school diploma or GED and at least five years experience working in Precision Machining. Preferred Qualifications:
• Trades Certifications that indicate being trained to work on various CNC machines.
• Experience working on HAAS machines and expertise in various aspects of precision machining.
• Qualified candidates will have experience working with HAAS machines, Drill Press, Milling Machines, and lathes. Knowledgeable of all aspects regarding work safety protocol.
• Ability to prepare students for the first three parts of the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) certification: Machining Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All College employees must be fully vaccinated, or have an approved exemption from the College and submit to regular COVID testing as an accommodation.Salary Grade or Rank:
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Adjunct FacultyPosition Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :