**This position may require irregular hours, including nights and weekends, as well as working more than eight (8) hours per day at certain times**
The Senior Analyst, IT resides within the Enterprise Internet Services group within the Communications and Systems Infrastructure department of the Office of Information Technology at Duke University. The Enterprise Internet Services group is responsible for development and Tier 4 support of services such as E-Mail, Sharepoint, Load Balancing, Azure, Microsoft 365, Google, technical infrastructure for identity management (Acitve Directory, DNS and Domain Management,), System Configuration Management and network design. The position works closely with the Technology Support, Systems Operations Center and Network Engineering groups on ongoing support and implementation of systems developed by the group. This position also collaborates with many colleagues across OIT to deliver enterprise wide computing services.
Primary Job Duties
- Plan, test, configure and setup MS Exchange mail system and other Messaging applications
- Plan, test, configure and setup cloud based solutions such as Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS and Google
- Plan, test, configure and setup MS Active Directory
- Plan, test, configure and setup MS Sharepoint
- Plan, test, configure, and setup MS Exchange, Exchange Online, Postfix, and Sendmail along with other messaging applications and messaging technologies such as anti-spam, anti-malware, anti-virus software.
- Manage load balancing environments including usage of F5 and Azure Load Balancer technologies.
- Manage and Troubleshoot enterprise DNS solutions
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for the all supported applications and environments.
- Provide clear, concise and customized documentation that is appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience designing, configuring and operating Exchange mail systems, Active Directory, SharePoint and other Microsoft applications
- Scripting skills and knowledge of Windows PowerShell
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task
BA or BS in Math or Computer Science or related field and 6-8 years of experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.